PDA

View Full Version : Help id please - thanks

TVR
04-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I found this on one of the rock. Hope it's not the bad bugs that people talking about. PLease help.

Thankss...

Pier Pressure
04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
That looks to me like a majano anemone. Pest. You are going to want to eradicate it as they spread very quickly, sting corals, and will quickly take over your tank. Google majano and I think you will agree.

I had an outbreak of these things I am still fighting...

TVR
04-17-2009, 06:52 PM
Wow. That's sound scary. I have a bottle of Joe's Juice left from my uncle for over a year now. Wonder if it work with this anemone?
Oh, thanks.
-
Oh, never mind the question above, as I search about Majano, the Joe's Juice can help kill this pest - I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your quick help.

Myka
04-17-2009, 07:49 PM
By the photos that doesn't look like a Majano, it looks like a common button polyp to me. Personally, I would treat it like a Majano or Aiptasia because I don't like them, but many people do, so that's your choice.

Pazil
04-17-2009, 11:22 PM
X 2 .... I have a few in my tank and don't mind them

By the photos that doesn't look like a Majano, it looks like a common button polyp to me. Personally, I would treat it like a Majano or Aiptasia because I don't like them, but many people do, so that's your choice.

parkinsn
04-18-2009, 12:35 AM

I would agree that is not a mojano but a button polyp. From my experience button's will spread fast, but i dont mind mine.

Sam1969
04-18-2009, 12:45 AM
fire shrimp will eat those up in no time ...