PDA

View Full Version : Attention Lighting Gurus

Nullig
06-24-2003, 01:45 AM
I have a problem with some lights in my canopy and I know next to nothing about ballasts.

What I have is a Stanpro Gold ballast, model # E432PI120G11 (can't find any info about it), hooked up to 2 20w actinics, one at the front and one at the back of the canopy. When both the lights are connected, neither one works (they flicker). When the front one is taken out, the rear one works. When the rear one is taken out, the front one still does not work.

Is this a problem with the connectors? I've tried turning the bulbs in the socket to get rid of any corrosion, but it hasn't seemed to help.

Also, I was wondering about the wiring.

The wiring diagram on the ballast is for 3 or 4 bulbs, but there are only two, and they are wired like this:

- 2 yellow wires from one end are each connected seperately to one end of each bulb.
- 2 red wires from the other end are each connected seperately to the other end of the bulbs
- 2 blue wires (at the same end as the red ones) are just connected together, going nowhere

My question is whether I can hook the red wires to one bulb and the blue wires to the other, or will that make any difference at all.

Thanks,
Noel

Aquattro
06-24-2003, 02:04 AM
Noel, if you do a search on the part #, you'll find lots on that ballast.

Nullig
06-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Found a few things, but nothing helpful.

Does the E designate it as Electronic?

Noel

Nullig
06-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Here is a diagram of the current wiring...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=1470110

Aquattro
06-24-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't think you can link to RC pics. You need to link to a web photo.....

Nullig
06-24-2003, 07:34 PM
Oh, OK.

I see the pic fine, but perhaps that's because I'm a member of that forum.

Noel