PDA

View Full Version : stumped for stocking ideas

balistidae
04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Ive just set up another tank, its a 54g corner bowfront, 250w mh.
The problem is I have no idea on what fish to add. It is going to be a LPS/softie reef. The only one thing I do know is that I want a flame angel. I dont think the tank is large enough for multiple dwarf angel species. Anyone have any ideas what to add?

ponokareefer
04-15-2009, 09:12 PM
I love my orchid dottyback, and would highly recommend one. If you have a covered top, there a lot of really nice fairy/flasher wrasse's. You'll have to watch out for your flame angel as they can eat any coral, even if it has left it alone for months.

untamed
04-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I think you could probably have two dwarf angels in that size tank. I don't think that would be too bad.

Clownfish, of course...almost everyone loves to see them.

A whole bunch of sexy shrimp.

Just a few quick thoughts that come to my mind..

balistidae
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I like the dottyback idea and clownfish are most likely inevitable as long as I am going to add something they could host. I am also thinking maybe a longnose hawk and a yellowhead sleeper goby.

balistidae
04-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Ive got it...Diadem Pseudochromis, longnose hawkfish, yellowheaded sleeper goby and a flame angel. Possibly a clown pair down the road, how does that sound?

Drock169
04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Dottybacks, basslets (royal gramma, blackcap, swissguard, chalk, etc.), fairy/flasher wrasses, 4-/6-line wrasse, fire fish, 90% of the available gobies, jawfish (yellowhead, dusky) , dwarf angels (potters/coral beauty are more safe) cardinals, clownfish (occellaris, perculas), damsels (azures are less aggressive), assessors, blennies (most of the small ones), hawkfish, maybe a smaller anthia, frogfish (not safe with other fish or inverts) i'm pretty much out of stuff now.