PDA

View Full Version : Blurry eye on my Achilles

reefy
04-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I noticed today that my Achilles tang has an Blurry eye and trust me it doesnt look good at all:cry: can anyone tell me what cause it or how can I get it cure? hes currently acting normal(swiming eating...ich on and off...) please help!!!

untamed
04-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I've had fish show that symptom. I suspect it is bacterial because it seems to me that once a fish has it, it doesn't ever get it again.

I had a majestic angel years ago that died as a result. My current Majestic also showed that same thing, but he kicked it and is doing just fine today. (I didn't intervene)

reefy
04-14-2009, 12:08 AM
uuufff what a relief haha thanks for the info untamed...

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Often if its one eye, its just scratched but if its both, its a bacterial infection. Cloudy eyes are often just nothing but can be signs of bad things to come. I have lost fish very quickly after seeing a cloudy eye in the past. I would watch it closely.

reefy
04-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Often if its one eye, its just scratched but if its both, its a bacterial infection. Cloudy eyes are often just nothing but can be signs of bad things to come. I have lost fish very quickly after seeing a cloudy eye in the past. I would watch it closely.

thanks for the info Justin, its only one eye and he still eat like a pig. it has a white spot on it tho kinda ich looking thingy.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-14-2009, 02:37 AM
thanks for the info Justin, its only one eye and he still eat like a pig. it has a white spot on it tho kinda ich looking thingy.

If its just the one eye and he is eating/acting normal, I would say just leave him alone and I bet in a few days it will be gone. Doesn't sound too bad.

I have had fish get a cloudy eye when ich has shown up on the eye too, so it may just be a reaction to the ich.

justinl
04-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Cloudy eyes, either one or two, are almost always a symptom of something else. Could be as simple as stress, to being scratched and subsequently infected, etc. Some old fish get it and can't get rid of it (likely due to a weakened immune system with age); impaired vision will obviously lead to eventual death. If the fish is acting normal, no worries though... depending on the hardiness of the affected fish, they usually bounce back. Even when the eye goes exopthalmic (popeye) although that indicates a more severe situation. As brad mentioned, i seems that once they get it, they usually don't get it again... I have seen multiple repeat cases though.

edit: it would be good to closely observe the fish and see if there is anything that is stressing it out, especially tankmates. It would also be a good idea to feed lots (without crashing the tank) and soaking frozen foods in a supplement of some kind.

reefy
04-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for everyones replies, I really apprecciated, its very helpfull...:razz:

naesco
04-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Cloudy eyes, either one or two, are almost always a symptom of something else. Could be as simple as stress, to being scratched and subsequently infected, etc. Some old fish get it and can't get rid of it (likely due to a weakened immune system with age); impaired vision will obviously lead to eventual death. If the fish is acting normal, no worries though... depending on the hardiness of the affected fish, they usually bounce back. Even when the eye goes exopthalmic (popeye) although that indicates a more severe situation. As brad mentioned, i seems that once they get it, they usually don't get it again... I have seen multiple repeat cases though.

edit: it would be good to closely observe the fish and see if there is anything that is stressing it out, especially tankmates. It would also be a good idea to feed lots (without crashing the tank) and soaking frozen foods in a supplement of some kind.

plus 1. Not a good sign.

reefy
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Justin, I think you were right. his eye is clearing out now yeeeee:lol: