PDA

View Full Version : female banggai, blue damsel (calgary)

spikehs
06-21-2003, 07:22 PM
I was thinking of trying to breed them again in the new tank, but I just wont have the room for a pair plus the babies. So i am selling the female that i have (I am 100% sure its a female). I'd rather sell it to someone who is going to try and breed them, so they will get first dibs. Would like to trade for a frag or $10. The damsel is FREE!!!

canadawest
06-25-2003, 05:54 PM
Too bad it wasn't a male, as I already have a female and am looking for a healthy adult male still.

Chad
06-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Too bad it wasn't a male, as I already have a female and am looking for a healthy adult male still.

How can you tell if they are male or female?

Chad

spikehs
06-25-2003, 07:16 PM
its basically impossible unless the male is holding eggs (then his jaw gets MASSIVE) *sometimes* the males as a more square body shape, and a more bulldogish face, but the only for sure way to tell is when he is holding.

Chad
06-25-2003, 07:24 PM
its basically impossible unless the male is holding eggs (then his jaw gets MASSIVE) *sometimes* the males as a more square body shape, and a more bulldogish face, but the only for sure way to tell is when he is holding.

No way to tell mine then :biggrin: I assume its male.. pretty aggressive..

Quinn
06-25-2003, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't count on the aggressive one being the male. Remember the stories about female clownfish... :razz:

Chad
06-25-2003, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't count on the aggressive one being the male. Remember the stories about female clownfish... :razz:

Yeah thats true... well I donno then :confused:

Chad
06-25-2003, 09:33 PM

Yeah thats true... well I donno then :confused: