PDA

View Full Version : And when it rains it pours:(

Powertec
04-10-2009, 07:08 AM
So after i found the flashlight tonite i am looking around the 30 gallon cube that all my corals are in temporarily awaiting there new home and sure enough what do i find??

:twised: Monti nudibranches AND red bugs...

So i am thankful that they are in a quarintine tank. But how do i begin to deal with this.

Anybody have a pill of interceptor? I tried this with my vet some time ago just in case and he wouldn't go for it.

And the Nudibranches how do i deal with that? I managed to pull 3 off this evening and didn't see anymore but i know there are eggs everywhere i am sure.

Thanks

lobsterboy
04-10-2009, 07:26 AM
got any pics?

shoot Snappy, a pm, i think he dealt with the Nudis before

Powertec
04-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Corals from you are doing great..although i am sure in no time they will not be so happy.:)
I am gonna call my Vet tomorrow and just tell him i need the interceptor for the dog and hope he doesn't remember out conversation about the fish last time..

I will send snappy off a pm and hopefully someone has an idea.

Just glad they are not in a big tank with a tonne of Monti's.

I will try and take some pics of the Nudi's tomorrow. I just looked at the confusa we put in the Nano tank the other day and sure enough it is covered in Nudi's. And the coral is basically toast. Good thing is it is the only coral in that tank other than softies and the nem so whatever with that one.

fishytime
04-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear of your invaders, hope it all works out for you.

tang daddy
04-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Red bugs try another vet store just tell them you want to buy the large dog pill and act like you've done this for your "dog" before. No problem aquiring it here in Vancouver they readily sell it, I told them it was for my reef tank.

monti eating nudis use Revive made by two little fishes it works well I dose 7 capfulls to 500ml of water and it will melt them in 2 minutes.

christyf5
04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Potassium permanganate is another solution to killing the nudis, it also kills the eggs. I think you can get it at pool supply stores and you just dip them in a solution for an hour or so. Revive might be easier to find if it also kils the eggs.

michika
04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
You can get revive from Red Coral. I bought mine there.

Powertec
04-11-2009, 12:28 AM
So update.

I have dipped all the Monti's in Revive and watched all the Nudi's die...
I think i will do this daily for the next few days to ensure that all the eggs are gone.
Interesting observation though. I pulled about 20 of the little buggers last night and put them in a cup of saltwater and left them there. There has been no water movement etc and the water is ice cold but they are ALL alive still:(

So the interceptor is coming tomorrow and i will begin to do that tomorrow sometime and hopefully by Tues this is all over.

i have crabs
04-11-2009, 12:53 AM
has anyone ever tried 1800petmeds.com or somewhere like that to get interceptor?

Powertec
04-11-2009, 12:56 AM
has anyone ever tried 1800petmeds.com or somewhere like that to get interceptor?

Yes you still need a prescription from your Vet...It has to be faxed to them:(

Powertec
04-11-2009, 12:57 AM
You can get revive from Red Coral. I bought mine there.

Thanks Catherine i did get it there. A little scarey due to the fact it smells like Pine-Sol...lol

michika
04-11-2009, 01:46 AM
So does mine, I keep making Pine-Sol jokes everytime I use it. There are a couple of really good threads on dipping with Revive on RC if you're interested.