PDA

View Full Version : liking my generator

mark
04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Got a call from the wife that the power was out and Epcor estimating an hour for repair. Shouldn't be a problem but some of my corals have grown to the surface and when I loose power I drain back about 20g. So I go home, siphon about 5g out of the sump, then since I can't pour directly back into the tank, need to balance the pail on a ladder and then siphon back to the tank.

Figure this sucks, so dust off my ~$130 generator that hasn't run since the summer 2007. After about 15 pulls it fires up, grab the extension cord, plug in my Barracuda and the corals are back under water in about a minute.

15 minutes later the power comes on (off total 1.5 hours) but does show that a cheap little Princess Auto generator has the potential to save the day.

SeaShell
04-08-2009, 01:10 AM
That's awesome! Glad it started up for you; reminds me to run mine once in a while to make sure it'll work when I need it.

hillegom
04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
For all your small engines, you can buy fuel stabilizer.Then the fuel never gets stale, and is ready to go. Can Tire has it as well as Lordco etc.

SeaShell
04-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I didn't know about fuel stabilizer! I bet my husband does, but we never talk.......

Thanks!

High tide
04-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, fuel stabilizer is a good idea if it's been a while.