PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest: Small Kole Tang (unique coloring)

Myka
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I am considering upgrading to a bigger tank, but I'm gauging interest to see if I can find a good home for this Tang in case I don't. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I have a Kole Tang that is maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" (not including tail). He is an interesting color (see photo). He has slowly morphed into this coloration since I've had him, so I won't guarantee that he will stay this color. I bought him in hopes he would eat Valonia, and although he eats all sorts of other algaes he doesn't touch Valonia. He has very quickly become my favourite fish in the tank, but for obvious reasons he can't stay. Like a typical Tang he's a pig and eats frozen Mysis, nori sheets, pellets and flakes.

I am currently in Saskatoon, SK and the Tang is in Kelowna, BC. I will be traveling back to BC to pick up my tanks, and can delivery the Tang anywhere between Kelowna and Saskatoon (through Calgary) if you're willing to meet me along the route somewhere. I'm not entirely sure of the date, but I'm going to say within the next month.

I paid $55 for him ( :lol: ), and don't expect or really care to get that back. Would be interested in trades, or will give him away to the right home.

Sorry for the (really) crappy pics, but he is FAST.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar1920094-1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Mar19200913-Copy.jpg

This is what he looked like when I first got him (Nov 24):
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k43/Myka82/Nov242008-Copy.jpg

reef_junkies
04-06-2009, 05:01 PM
He's sooooo pretty:rainbowa:, but :sad: your going the wrong way. Good luck, I'm sure someone is gonna want him.

ultracoral
04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Wow
Pm'd

Leah
04-06-2009, 05:11 PM
I would take him and pay that for him

Myka
04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm getting LOTS of PMs. I won't reply for awhile, I'll just keep taking offers for now so I can pick the best home for him.

If I can find a 48" 120g or 150g locally here for a decent price in the next couple weeks I will keep him (and sell my 40g), but I want to line a home up for him because I don't think that is likely, and I would like to spare him the transfer.

michika
04-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I'd definitely take and pay for him too.

180 @ 5ft long, and soon to be Monster Tank @ at least 10ft long. Does it get any better?

Chaloupa
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
BEAUTIFUL fish!!! WOW, wish I were closer!

Myka
04-07-2009, 03:50 AM
I'd definitely take and pay for him too.

180 @ 5ft long, and soon to be Monster Tank @ at least 10ft long. Does it get any better?

No I can't see it getting much better than that! Plus I know you would give him a very good home. If I don't end up doing this upgrade consider him yours. :D I will let you know as soon as I know one way or the other. Seriously, the only reason I'm considering an upgrade is because I want to keep him. I don't want a bigger tank for any other reason. Wow...am I totally nuts?

marie
04-07-2009, 05:54 AM
..... Seriously, the only reason I'm considering an upgrade is because I want to keep him. I don't want a bigger tank for any other reason. Wow...am I totally nuts?

Welcome to my world :redface: :lol:

Myka
04-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome to my world :redface: :lol:

:lol: Ya, you're just as bad...with your Achilles instead though! Thankfully the Kole doesn't need nearly as much space!!! :eek:

Okguy
04-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow that's a change of heart. Didn't you post this rant 7 days ago?

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51271&highlight=guaging+interest

:BIG:

Myka
04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Wow that's a change of heart. Didn't you post this rant 7 days ago?

:lol: Ya I was being a smart @$$ when I posted this thread as "Gauging Interest". Its a play on that thread I posted. That's why I said BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA in my first line. :D

fishoholic
04-07-2009, 08:55 PM
No I can't see it getting much better than that! Plus I know you would give him a very good home. If I don't end up doing this upgrade consider him yours. :D I will let you know as soon as I know one way or the other. Seriously, the only reason I'm considering an upgrade is because I want to keep him. I don't want a bigger tank for any other reason. Wow...am I totally nuts?

Nah, you're not nuts, you're just catching up to the rest of us crazy fish people :lol: I bought another 230g tank because I wanted more room for more fish :mrgreen:

Myka
04-08-2009, 02:00 AM
But I don't even want a bigger tank. :eek: I just want to keep "Skipper" as my 4 year old niece named him.

new but handy
04-08-2009, 03:12 AM
If you still have to get rid of it I would like to provide a home for it. Thats a cool looking fish.

marie
04-08-2009, 03:34 AM
But I don't even want a bigger tank. :eek: I just want to keep "Skipper" as my 4 year old niece named him.

I really don't want a bigger tank either. I even did my research and thought a 6ft, 175g tank would be big enough for a full grown 9" achilles, especially if it is the only tang. Of course I didn't really visualize how much room a 9" active tang takes up

For me selling him isn't an option, I've had him for 3 years and hopefully will have him for at least another 12 so a bigger tank is a must

Skimmerking
04-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Gauging interests hey, didnt you post about that you didnt like it :biggrin: now that is calling the kettle black :mrgreen: hope you find a bigger tank for your baby Kole mine is a butt head when it comes to adding other fish in the tank

Myka
04-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Gauging interests hey, didnt you post about that you didnt like it :biggrin: now that is calling the kettle black :mrgreen: hope you find a bigger tank for your baby Kole mine is a butt head when it comes to adding other fish in the tank

:lol: Ya, as I said I was being a smart @$$ when I posted this one!!! :D Since the Kole is so smal I expect that I will get the tank fully stocked as far as fish go before he reaches 3", so I think I will be ok for aggression. I thought Kole's were pretty docile?

Skimmerking
04-08-2009, 03:53 AM
what you a smart A$$ never :razz: ya my baby orange should tang is liek 2-3 " may be and the kole wont let him come over to the middle so the baby Orange should tang is hanging out with the clowns and the Sail fin tang when he swims over .

Myka
04-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Oh I am the Queen of Smrt @$$. :D

Does your Kole bother any inhabitants that aren't Tangs?

Skimmerking
04-08-2009, 04:10 AM
Oh yes I know have already had a taste of you. :biggrin: the kole well he can be a$$ to whom he wants too
he gives it to the sail fin some times and and lammerick angel too

fdiddy
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
You been feeding this thing skittles. I hear you are what you eat.

Leah
04-08-2009, 07:36 PM
If thats it, I am trying it.