PDA

View Full Version : Waterproofing

fishytime
04-06-2009, 03:26 PM
As some of you may know I am a finishing carpenter by trade and a couple weeks ago a gentleman came to the jobsite to canvass his product. He is the first in town to offer a new spray on co-polymer covering for decks. The system makes the deck 100% waterproof and lasts for 30yrs. He left his card and a few days later I called him to see if he thought his product may be used in either a fish room floor/wall covering application or on the inside of tank stands. He did a little checking around and with a slight change to the formulation he is confident that his product will withstand saltwater. The product costs around $10/sqft and the color can be custom tailored to your liking. I am not in any way affiliated with this gentleman, I just thought I would help him spread the word about his product. www.decksmart.ca

michika
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Did he show you what the finished product looked like? Is it chunky like floor paint, or nice and smooth?

fishytime
04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I believe the finish is smoooooooooooth.

o.c.d.
04-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Not the first because the guy on my job site said he was??. Calgary deck & rail inc http://www.calgary-decks.com/ This stuff is bomb proof literally and if i remember depending on the thickness it was around 7$ a sqfoot. Personally I think it's overkill for interior. Tile guys (good ones) use a liquid rubber roll on product for showers that is about 500 a 5gallon pail.

fishytime
04-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Tile guys (good ones) use a liquid rubber roll on product for showers that is about 500 a 5gallon pail.

Thats the big thing though..."good tile guys":lol:. Nice thing about this stuff is like you said it is bomb proof and there is about 200 custom colors...and you can get a flecked, granite looking finish as well. The $10/square foot was a high quote based on the "full treatment".