PDA

View Full Version : Vortech MP10

brizzo
04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
So good news announced yesterday, EcoTech is rolling out a Vortech MP10 for nano tanks! :mrgreen:

Designed especially for nano-reef aquariums, the MP10 from EcoTech Marine is a small yet powerful pump. The MP10—ideal for tanks from 2.5 to 50 gallons tanks—creates gentle flows of 500 to 1,575 gallons per hour, helping the tanks feel more like the ocean.

http://ecotechmarine.com/products/vortech-mp10/

http://ecotechmarine.com/news/ecotech-marine-introduces-vortech-mp10-for-nano-aquariums/

mseepman
04-03-2009, 11:49 PM
That is great news! Hope it isn't too expensive.

LeeR
04-03-2009, 11:51 PM
AHH i knoooww it looks awsome! im so mad though because i just bought a mp20 a few mounths ago.

blaster
04-04-2009, 12:29 AM
i'll buy your mp20 from you

xtreme
04-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I got the E-mail from Ecotech today. They look nice and compact. Anyone have an idea on the price?

michika
04-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Suggested retail price is $195USD.

Someone kindly PMed me today on another board to tell me about how great theirs is. I suspect they have a prototype, or were a beta-tester. Needless to say it was a huge tease.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Its not going to be worth it at all IMO considering it will be around $250 CAD...could even be more.

May as well just get the 20...

LeeR
04-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Its not going to be worth it at all IMO considering it will be around $250 CAD...could even be more.

May as well just get the 20...

you dont think it would be worth buying for people with small tanks that know they wont upgrade to something bigger anytime soon?

i agree the price is a bit steep for something thats just about the same power as a 20 and not upgradable to a 40 but for a nano tank the size of these things is just to much.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
you dont think it would be worth buying for people with small tanks that know they wont upgrade to something bigger anytime soon?

i agree the price is a bit steep for something thats just about the same power as a 20 and not upgradable to a 40 but for a nano tank the size of these things is just to much.

Well I just think since the price difference is not going to be huge between the new 10 and the 20, you may as well get the 20 incase you ever do upgrade or for when your corals grow in and you need more flow. A 20 for a nano is big but they can just be turned down (as you know).

I was disappointed to see the price to be honest. When I heard about them a long time ago, the rumor was that they would be under $200 and that would be the appeal. And of course in Canada, you get screwed over even more not just by exchange but just always a higher price.

Just my opinion though from years of buying equipment that isn't upgradable. From now on, I will always buy bigger unless the price is a lot more...especially if the equipment can be scaled back like Vortechs can.

marie
04-04-2009, 10:46 PM
In my case it is the smaller size that makes it desirable. The 20 needs 3" between wall and aquarium, the 10 only needs 2.25". I think I could just make it fit :mrgreen:

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 07:42 AM
After doing more reading about these things tonight, they do seem to have more advantages than I thought!

I didn't realize how small they are compared to the 20.

Does anyone know when they are suppose to be in stores here? I know Eco says shipping late spring in the US.

fishytime
04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
They should be here by summer....thats what Ecotech told us anyway. We where also supposed to have the big RSM by now and.....

mseepman
04-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I've been thinking about getting one too...and www.aquacave.com ships to Canada via USPS without a problem so I might even look there. They are predicting May arrival I think.

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-29-2009, 04:11 PM
They should be here by summer....thats what Ecotech told us anyway. We where also supposed to have the big RSM by now and.....

The big RSM is here in Van, I have seen that.