PDA

View Full Version : Hlle?

Phanman
04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
I've been reading up on HLLE and cant seem to find any pics of this starting to happen besides the end result which seems to be holes near the face and body.

My powder blue tang has these flat semi white/transparent strips that are protruding around the face and side of its body. 2 have fallen off and he only has 3 more of these things showing.

There was stray current in the tank that i found yesturday so im going to get a GFCI and ground probe tonight. Im feeding mysis and pellets daily and upped the nori to every day as well to help him recover. I also do weekly 5g water changes on this 90g setup. Oh and going to grab some selcon as well tonight.

Sorry no pics atm and my camera phone really has crappy pics so not much use.

So is this the start of HLLE or some other diesease? and if so how do I treat

Leah
04-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a yellow tang, he has it as well I give him sosk his food in selcon, give him seaweed daily, feed frozen food's daily nothing changes it. He is my second yellow in this system first one never had it grew huge. I notice this one does not seem to be growing as rapidly. Also have a hippo that is growing by the minute with no sign's at all
and it is beyond me, why! I Also use Lippovit and immunvit.

So this will be an interesting thread to follow. If you find out anything else to do I would be interested.

Leah

GreenSpottedPuffer
04-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Doesn't really sound like HLLE if they are falling off.

I would guess some kind of parasite but without pics, I don't think anyone will know.

How big are they?

Phanman
04-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Thats what I figured but thought I would ask anyways. Ill try to get pics this weekend. Its not too big like 2mm long and 1mm wide.

Myka
04-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Doesn't sound like HLLE, but you should still keep up those diet changes as prevention since those are good feeding habits. Pics would help...but I'm also thinkin parasite of some sort or could even be a bit of a bacterial or fungal infection on a couple scratches or something like that.