PDA

View Full Version : Worry for my Green Goniopora

TVR
04-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I got the skeleton back in feb when my tanks wasn't even fully cycled (Even now, I believe)
I had no clue what it is when my wife and the little boy brought it home back in Feb. from a lfs. I tried glued them onto abase rock in the middle of the tank and rushed myself to do some internet researches.
Well, they now still doing great with my period feeding of some kinda green stuff.
I did aquite a bit of research around this nice little coral and found that NO ONE HAD EVER HAVE THIS SUCCESSFULLY LAST LONG ENOUGH IN THEIR REEF SYSTEM - Maybe it just belong to nature or closed to it.
But since it now already in my tank, I am started to worry for this little poor and beautyful babe.
I worry for it doom might comes but more for the little boy, that he's every come and check on his "Gooni" (he named it) - So he would properly kill me if I let it dyed.
It look like this but much more green on the tentacles when opening:
http://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11_03/Goniopora-Green_412_62_4_4.html
---------------
Anyone had has any experience with this, please share. Thank you in advance.

J.Lloy
04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I've got a flower pot and a branching, both are doing fine. From everything I've heard they need (dirty water) water that is not pristine. Could be just water that is a little under skimmer. If it's doing fine and your happy with everything else in your tank, don't try to make any improvement, just let it be.

my 2 cents

TVR
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Cool.. Thanks for the input.
As when I put mine in, the tank was only more than a month old. But it's doing fine now. At first, a large part of it was died off (shown only the white skeleton bare bone) but now, I can see it started "violation" to the base rock that it was glued on. Fast but faster still my worry.
As you mentioned, it like the dirty water, which meant, my water is prety much ... not very "good" to other things but him. :lol:

Do you want to trade some pic of yours and mine? see how different? - I found not many people having this kinda coral in their tank :cry:
But since we have, we will follow it 'til the end. :wink:
Thanks,

J.Lloy
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I've got pics of some of my corals in a album on my profile page.

loveless
04-04-2009, 02:55 AM
hi! hope I can help. I too purchased a goniopora foolishly without doing prior research. But I was lucky to have stumbled upon a website about this wonderful critter. http://www.goniopora.org/ Unfortunately the site is either down or closed for good. I have had my "gonni" for over a year now and its doing great! On this website the author had done a series of experiments with feeding and had come up with a solution.

You must spot feed the coral. I use freezedried cyclopeeze and this has worked well for me, any small plankton type food will work as long as you get the coral fed.

-Feed once a week
-Use cyclopeeze or something similar, I just mix with a small amount of water
-Spot feed atleast a quarter of the mouths, I use an old syringe from a test kit

Its too bad the site is down it really help me out alot, infactmy coral is going to split soon in about 8 different directions.

Hope that helps
Cam

TVR
04-04-2009, 03:06 AM
Thanks Cam.
Yeah, Mine is doing ok now too. Hope it will doing ok like last 2 month.

TVR
04-10-2009, 02:22 AM
Here the pictures of the Gonnie I have

lobsterboy
04-10-2009, 03:42 AM
i tried it before, twice, once as a flower pot colony and as a healed frag of the branching type.

failed both times.