PDA

View Full Version : cheapest power heads

rossb
06-18-2003, 04:49 PM
As it appears we do not have a J&L order pending has anyone shopped around to find the best deals on power heads? I think I should pick up the flow in my tank a bit and would like to get a couple more.

AJ_77
06-18-2003, 08:19 PM
Phone Wai's - he had his Hagens on sale for a long time. They were reasonable after the discount, if I remember correctly. Those big 802s would stir up your tank a bit Ross, at 400 GPH...

Point them at each other and watch the fun!
:biggrin:

Bob I
06-19-2003, 12:29 AM
As it appears we do not have a J&L order pending has anyone shopped around to find the best deals on power heads? I think I should pick up the flow in my tank a bit and would like to get a couple more.

If someone would pick up my Tomato Clown I would have a Hagen 301 available.

TANGOMAN
06-19-2003, 11:26 PM
I thought I was pickin' up that Tomato Clown...? :confused: . I might even take that 301 off your hands (provided ross doesn't want it), along with those bulbs, but I really don't want your Barbara Streisand record collection... :rolleyes:

rossb
06-20-2003, 01:52 AM
you wrote I really don't want your Barbara Streisand record collection

Dang I'm just a bit too late...all I got was frigin fish...and I could have had the record collection!

I am going to buy some of those power heads alan was talking. I'm sure it will make my tank wavey enough for my wife..

AJ_77
06-25-2003, 05:24 AM
I notice Wai's didn't have any left in the 170-200 GPH range... :confused:
I want to call him a name...

Is any one getting any MO soon, that I could get in on? OR: anyone have any used powerheads in town - around the mentioned range??

Thanks,
:biggrin:

AJ_77
06-25-2003, 05:25 AM
OR, now that I'm thinking flow, another Aquaclear 200/300 would be good also...

Anyone?

:idea:

Delphinus
06-25-2003, 03:12 PM
Not to plant any suggestion of course, but for something like a couple of powerheads the postage for MO can't be more than like $5-10, which at the MO price, is still pretty favourable over other options. Of course, you have to wait about a week for it to come. That's what I would do, or at least consider. Check out MOPS or the usual suspects (J&L SWC etc)

AJ_77
06-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Suggestion planted! I think that is the best option, overall. Plus we're heading out through Vancouver in July, I wonder how much of a side-trip J&L would be??

Maybe they have a map on their website.

Yes, things are slow at work right now.

Delphinus
06-25-2003, 03:56 PM
J&L is a worthwhile side trip. Had been thinking about doing it for years everytime I'd drive through on my way to the PromisedLand(tm) (aka the Island) but finally actually did it last year. Makes me a little envious, basically for those left coast folk this is just a LFS for that they can visit on a whim, with awesome prices.

Of course, I didn't actually BUY anything (I was on vacation for crying out loud!!!) but still it was neat to see it all.

I was at work until 2am last night. (Ok, I exagerrate, only 1:30..) Wanna come work over here??? :razz: (It's not as bad as it sounds ... I did take a few hours off for dinner and going over to CanuckMan's house to feed his fish! It was only about 12-13 hours on the clock. But still...) Stupid deadlines ... why do I try to make my manager happy by making me so unhappy? What's up with this? Something's not adding up here.

Bob I
06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
OR, now that I'm thinking flow, another Aquaclear 200/300 would be good also...

Anyone?

:idea:

I have a 300 with a seized up motor. :eek: ( Mini motor is the same, you just have to put the 300 impeller blade on it)