PDA

View Full Version : Have i hit my fish limit?

Dresden
06-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Niger Trigger, Lunare Wrasse, Kole Tang, pair of Clarkii Clowns, 1 yellow tail damsel

Was considering a flame angel or lawnmower but wanted opinions or alternative suggestions.

Eventually wanted Xenia, mushrooms, simple corals and even an anemone for the clowns.

120g 33g sump 5-6" DSB
42"L x 39"H x 22"W
mag 18 return

Dresden
06-18-2003, 01:38 PM
:drinking:

Dresden
06-18-2003, 08:09 PM
i'll even take flames, anyone's opinions on flame dwarf angel or a lawnmower bleenie, school of chromis? hello?

Aquattro
06-18-2003, 08:22 PM
The niger will eat the chromis eventually. They can grow over a foot. The lunar is also going to be a big fish, and they like to eat anything they can fit in their mouth.
If it were me, I'd say the limit has been reached. The trigger and wrasse will also pollute the water quickly, so a big skimmer should be standard equipment.

Samw
06-18-2003, 09:27 PM
i'll even take flames, anyone's opinions on flame dwarf angel or a lawnmower bleenie, school of chromis? hello?

I have no problems with my flame angel harming corals. Don't have a trigger so I can't comment on compatibility.

Nullig
06-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Lawnmower Blenny would be good... and they have a LOT of personality.
They are large enough to avoid being a meal and are easy going tankmates.

We love ours.

Noel

Aquattro
06-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I think an important question to ask is why you titled this thread the way you did. You obviously suspect you've hit the limit, or you wouldn't have asked. Why do YOU think that? Do YOU think you should add more fish? If so, a blenny or an angel are reasonable safe. Although, have you seen a full sized niger with his mind set on dinner? Not much they won't eat!! :razz:

Dresden
06-18-2003, 11:54 PM
Ya i had suspected i had hit my limit. Was hoping someone might convince me otherwise, I trust other opinions over my own though generally when it comes to this hobby.

Dresden
06-19-2003, 01:02 AM
not to mention many fish live in certain areas of the reef and i may have areas where a fish might fill that niche, example lawnmower bleenie.

ryan_lalande
06-19-2003, 04:13 AM
first off i ahve seen a tank with over 60 fish in it...i think it was only 180 gallon tank i am gonna go find it and post the link

if you get compatible fish and have a massive skimemr for massive bioloads removal as well as a good feeding schedule that feed frequently you can hvae mroe fish in you 120 gallon....however.....this also includes the amount of lr you have and such.....i had 14 fish in a 55 gallon for 4 years till i upgraded tank size...powder blue sum firefish lawnmower blenny, clowns...a wrasse etc... years and they wer all happy and healty

always better to understock easier on maintanece..but with enough water changes and a good enough skimmer i think you can add both the angel and the blenny...i will fin that one site for you! you will be amazed at the fish this guy has..with coral!

ryan_lalande
06-19-2003, 04:18 AM
anyhting is possible i guess haha...i dont reccomend even trying this however but still shows wath type of bioloasd a tank can handle

http://www.natureef.com/TOM3.htm

wow 3 large angels in a reef tank....not touching the corals..there is an eception to the rule if i ever saw one!

Dresden
06-19-2003, 04:39 AM
holy, but no
i dont want to stress out my fish
wow ur right alot of fish =(

ryan_lalande
06-19-2003, 05:07 AM
i really do think you could ad at least one of those fihs you wanted......also if you have corals.....dwarf angels almost always end up picking to much at stuff..ti may take a few yesra...but it always happens...i am trying to find out more info on the large ones in reefs!