PDA

View Full Version : ? getting rid of mushrooms

PoonTang
04-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of mushrooms short of pulling the rocks out and scrubbing them. I have several dozen of them and I would like them gone because they are starting to interfere with my SPS and taking up valuable mounting space. Is there anything that eats them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah you could put them all in a container and send them to me:biggrin:

workn2hard2day
04-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I hit them with Joes Juice. Works great!

reefy
04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
you can use a seringe and mix up PH buffer and inject to them one buy one.

mseepman
04-01-2009, 09:34 PM
What has worked for me is to take a powerhead like a mj900 and aim it directly at the area where the mushrooms are...within a short while they release and I scoop them up and take them to the LFS for some credit.

I discovered this when I changed a powerhead and suddenly I had a mushroom storm as they all released into the water because they were unhappy with the new flow.

I need to do this again as they are taking over. I have only used this with the "blue" mushrooms so I'm not sure how well it works on anything else.

PoonTang
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
What has worked for me is to take a powerhead like a mj900 and aim it directly at the area where the mushrooms are...within a short while they release and I scoop them up and take them to the LFS for some credit.

I discovered this when I changed a powerhead and suddenly I had a mushroom storm as they all released into the water because they were unhappy with the new flow.

I need to do this again as they are taking over. I have only used this with the "blue" mushrooms so I'm not sure how well it works on anything else.

Seriously? I'm gonna give that a try right now.

PoonTang
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM
you can use a seringe and mix up PH buffer and inject to them one buy one.

You mean like Kalk paste or something?

TheRealBigAL
04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
The mushrooms I had taking over my tank smiled at me when i shot them with joes juice. I also took my rocks out and scrubbed them in freshwater for over 3 hours and 3 weeks later the mushrooms are growing back. The only way to 100% get rid of them is remove the rock.