PDA

View Full Version : ATI and Aquactinics dealers

lorenz0
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Is there anyone in canada who is a dealer for either one?

looking to order a new fixture

saltynuts
04-01-2009, 04:16 PM
try marine aquaria
780 761 1101
www.marineaquaria.ca
i think they have them

Canadian
04-01-2009, 04:34 PM
I doubt you'll find anyone who actually has ATI in stock. Any retailer in Canada will typically be ordering them from Reef Geek (who doesn't really even stock them they just place orders on regular intervals as orders are called in) and then re-sell them to you.

lastlight
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Check the ReefGeek forum on that other big reef site. I was so pleased with their service. 12 - 5 foot bulbs arrived packed well enough to sit on. 11 of these were ATI.

Phanman
04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
got my aquactinics at golds almost 2 year or so ago planning for my tank build now (yes planned way ahead, lol). Not sure if they still carry it or not. I have a friend that is going to sell his 72" constellation fixture if your interested.

lorenz0
04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
i called golds and he tried to sell me a currentusa instead, got a good giggle over that

fkshiu
04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
You'll find it a lot easier getting an Aquactinics fixture rather than an ATI although neither of them have any direct relationship with any Canadian dealer, I believe. You'll have to go through a US retailer.

lorenz0
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
You'll find it a lot easier getting an Aquactinics fixture rather than an ATI although neither of them have any direct relationship with any Canadian dealer, I believe. You'll have to go through a US retailer.

Ya thats what i am more affraid of. after the exchange rate/shipping and customs fee's i probably will be looking at an aditional $500 on top of the listed price.

And yes Canadian, i am more than aware that getting ATI fixtures is a pain

Canadian
04-01-2009, 07:17 PM
And yes Canadian, i am more than aware that getting ATI fixtures is a pain

I pre-ordered my Sunpower with Reef Geek and it wasn't that bad. But you'll obviously pay a pretty hefty increase when purchasing from the US. The unfortunate thing is that our options are pretty limited here in Canada. I've been trying to encourage either Progressive Reef or J&L to carry ATI fixtures but I don't think it's feasible because, I assume, Reef Geek has distribution rights for North America (but I believe Cherry Corals used to sell ATI fixtures so that may not be true).

lorenz0
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I sent out a email to reefgeek about the sunpower so hopefully i will hear back from them. I know they had them in stock back at the start of the year but who knows now. I just don't want to be that guy who orders the ati and 12 months later it shows up on my step.

BC564
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I got mine at gold's last year.

Joshua Jones
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
I can get aquatinics fairly easily through a distributor i use every month or so. Give me a ring / email at joshua@marineaquaria.ca to make arrangements if you're still game.

talk soon!

Slick Fork
05-09-2009, 12:27 AM
Ottawa Inverts has ATI Sunpower fixtures listed on their website. Not sure if that means in stock or not but worth giving them a call