PDA

View Full Version : Sea Swirl?

Dez
04-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Does anybody run these? How do you like them? How are they for long term use and the maintenance? Thanks in advance. Also, how much do you see in the water?

mr_alberta
04-01-2009, 03:41 PM
Sea Swirls are nice, but I think the Wavy Seas are suppose to be way better and capable of handling much more flow through them. When I used to run a sea swirl it suck down from the rim about the length of a 1" elbow fitting.

Skimmerking
04-01-2009, 03:43 PM
yes sea swirls are great i had one Dez, and i had the wavy seas however if the power goes out or a brake in the power it will continue to run in a circle motion and its its on the back of your aquarium then you have water ripping over the side until the mod is reset. Trust me it lasted about 1 weeks then i sold it.
i didnt like mine

christyf5
04-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I've been running a sea swirl since about 2004 I think. Its been right under one of my halides for the past 2 years and I think it finally got cooked as it doesn't "swirl" anymore. I have yet to take it off and see if it can be fixed (laziness mostly). I'd definitely recommend them. They do have more restricted flow capabilities than the wavysea though.

All I can see in the water is the elbow part.

Dez
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
yes sea swirls are great i had one Dez, and i had the wavy seas however if the power goes out or a brake in the power it will continue to run in a circle motion and its its on the back of your aquarium then you have water ripping over the side until the mod is reset. Trust me it lasted about 1 weeks then i sold it.
i didnt like mine

Did you talk to the manufacturer about that Wavy Sea defect? Are you saying that it would turn 360 degrees if there was a power outage and the power came back on again? Anybody else have this problem?

How about others that have run the wavy sea? Thanks for all the comments so far

Des

Skimmerking
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
nope i just didnt care for it, its a fancy SEA SWIRL that is it IME/IMO impulse buy and it threw about 15 gallons of water from my sump on the floor the boss wasnt impressed so i sold it

brizzo
04-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Dez,

Have you seen the newer 1" SCWD (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~3Q1113~idCategor y~FIWMEW~category~External-Wavemakers-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~~tab~2.html) ? Threaded and the top can be removed too. I'm in the same boat as you I think... I've been going back and forth between om4-way, scwd, seaswirl

BWI
04-01-2009, 09:31 PM
i thought wavy sea went under?

Dez
04-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey Dez,

Have you seen the newer 1" SCWD (http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~3Q1113~idCategor y~FIWMEW~category~External-Wavemakers-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~~tab~2.html) ? Threaded and the top can be removed too. I'm in the same boat as you I think... I've been going back and forth between om4-way, scwd, seaswirl

I've hear the SCWD's are a bit noisy though....anybody else try the SCWD's? How about the Sea Swirls....are they noisy? Asmodeus, was the Wavy Sea noisy? Any advise would help.

christyf5
04-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Can't hear my sea swirl at all. Then again the room isn't exactly quiet, I'd still say they're pretty quiet.