PDA

View Full Version : Red Deer Aquarium Club

sharuq1
03-31-2009, 03:16 AM
Next meeting is May 3. See bottom post for details. Call the no. listed there to see where it will be.
Saw this ad on kijiji, it's not mine and I don't know who the person is that's started it. Not affiliated with CAS or the edmonton group. Kinda thinking about going if I'm not at work. Anyone else thinking about it or know anything about it?

http://reddeer.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-Fish-Club-W0QQAdIdZ117145157

Edit: Oh well, it's a small world, turns out I do know the person. :smile: Come on Red Deer let's have a get together, this is a great excuse and I don't have to organize or anything this time, yay! If you want the address contact him through his number or through the ad posted. You can pm me too, but I don't guarantee I will be checking very often and may miss it.

mik
03-31-2009, 04:53 AM
I was, but most of the time it is just fresh! Did you email him or her for info? pm me

sharuq1
04-01-2009, 01:48 AM
OK, so it turns out I do know who the person is. He has a sw tank upstairs and had recently got into salt when I met him. Lots of fw tanks too. I think I'll probably go unless something comes up.

Anybody have frags to trade while we're there? I have gsp, xenia, pink w/ blue polyp birdsnest, tan/green birdsnest, a couple zoos, and brown/purple digitata frags that I can trade.

Host isn't set up for sps as far as I know (been some time since I saw him), but could probably grow some low light softies if ppl want to bring a frag as a host gift or something.

sharuq1
04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
*bump to get some butts in the seats...if there are seats :lol:*

sharuq1
04-05-2009, 04:01 AM
Bump, the event is tomorrow.

Jim 403 597 1134
Sun april 5 at 7 pm

sharuq1
04-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Had a great time at the meeting. Was nice to meet you Mike and Bill good to see you again! Hope there will be many future meetings and such to come :D

mik
04-06-2009, 10:23 PM
thanks you to ya we will have to get together again soon!

sharuq1
04-12-2009, 02:31 AM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6014/aquariumsmile2fy.gif <--I vote this smilie should be on our smilie board!

I guess I am kind of the informal spokeperson for the canreef site now, so here goes...:redface:

I think they will be making a website soon, contributions would be very welcome. Also if anyone is interested in sponsoring it would be nice to get some communication going with that as well. We have both freshies and salties in the group so far, and some freshies interested in becoming salties who'd like help.

Discounts or something for group trips down to a sw store in calgary or edmonton would be nice. (Kevin? Dennis?) Anyone willing to help with organizing events, ideas, etc. would be great.

Jim is the leader on this one, so please contact him with your ideas and any questions from the no. in one of the above posts.

If you're interested in having some one to personally come over and help you set up your tank or troubleshoot, there are a couple members who can try to help out, including myself. Much of the group is not on the net, so communication might end up taking place mostly via the meetings or phone. Just remember though, we don't have as wide a base of experience to call on just yet for sw, but will do our best with what exp. we do have to help out newcomers. :)

Due to lack of formality at this point we will not be held libel for any advice/help given. If you want to take said advice or help in good faith, it's your risk to take and the group or its member can not be held libel. (Apologies for even having to mention that, but nobody wants to get sued.)

We're also tossing around the idea of having a trade/garage sale get together at some point, bring equipment to trade or sell. Everyone has stuff lying around they don't use that could maybe benefit someone else I would imagine. No one has taken the leadership reins up on this one, so if you are interested in doing so, please contact Jim.

If you're from out of town, you are more than welcome to join up, there is no cost as of yet. This is a pretty informal group. Just fish lovers http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6014/aquariumsmile2fy.gif getting together to talk fish and have fun.

We`d like to have the meets over at different member`s houses to keep things fresh and to see a variety of set ups. Feel free to volunteer to be the next meeting place (contact Jim).

Tougher questions and issues are best dealt with over canreef or for fw on albertaaquatica due to the vast knowledge base of truly experienced folks on these great sites.

sharuq1
04-21-2009, 06:11 AM
FISH CLUB
May 3 2009
The next Central Alberta Aquarium Club meeting will be held on Sunday May 3 2009 at 7 pm. For more info email jsayers@shaw.ca or call 403-597-1134. This will be a great chance to meet other red deer and area hobbyists and exchange info. Fresh and salt water. All are welcome, no charge.

Look forward to meeting you all....