PDA

View Full Version : Removing an LTA? Help!

Koresample
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
HELP! Ever since my clown fish died, my LTA has been roaming like a gypsy around my (small) tank, stinging everything in his way :sad: and getting into impossible to feed places. I have decided i need to remove him, but every rock he seeems to stick himself to is at the bottom of the tank, and quite large in size. I have tried rubbing a piece of ice on his foot to make him let go, but no luck.He always seems to move whenever i am not looking or during the middle of the night...sigh.

Any suggestions?

reefy
03-30-2009, 07:40 PM
if you can take the rock/s out you can use a hammer and chissel to chissel it out carefully..good luck

banditpowdercoat
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
dont need to chisel an Anemone... try a credit card. slowly slip under his foot..

But usuall reasons for Anemone's to move around like that is either they dont like the flow/light where they at, or water quality is off.

Koresample
03-30-2009, 09:49 PM
unfortunately he has moved again since i was on the phone and is now back in his original place from a couple of weeks ago, plus knocked my xenia off its rock...grr! His foot is not inside my biggest rock on the bottom, so neither a chisle or credit card is going to help. Hopefully he hasn't kicked it by the time i get back from vacation and i can then add the clown to help settle him down.