PDA

View Full Version : Apitaisia killing tools

new but handy
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Any one in the Vernon area have any Apitaisia eating type things they need to get rid of?

blake374
11-05-2009, 12:03 AM
Any one in the kamloops area have any aiptasia killing type things they want to get rid of?

bvlester
11-05-2009, 03:08 AM
buy some pepermint shrinp as I have found out you don't just get rid of the little buggers. I hunt for them a bit every night I have joeys' jouce works very well with atapsia but mojano not quite as well but it works good on them also if and only if you do not disturb them when applying joes' jouce. I do have some thing in my tank that seems to be eating them. I believe it is my by colored dotty back I will find a couple and leave them till the next night and they are gone not all the time if they are still there I get them. I use a magnifying glas to hunt for them so they are real small when I find them. I know a guy that has pepermint shrimp and they eat them like theres no tomorrow.

Bill

ponokareefer
11-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I have tried every product out there, and all the home solutions as well(kalk, lemon juice, etc). They would get rid of the aiptasia for a while, but it always seemed to come back. I have tried peppermint shrimp a few times but with no success. The only thing that I have found that works is putting epoxy over the aiptasia. Initially, it doesn't look great, but after about a month, it blends right in, and you don't even realize it is there. Give it a try, and you won't be banging your head against the wall when the other stuff won't work.

bvlester
11-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I think the spors go right into the rock as when I had to break a rock up a while back there was atapsia at every break point about 3 or 4 days latter. I put the rock back together you see but where there was a crack left to the open water an atapsia grew. I think the problem lies within the rock that is why they keep comming back after a month or so.

Bill Lester

torrid_07
11-06-2009, 03:23 AM
hey i injected the little buggers directly with a shot of calcium, a high OD with calcium just kills it before it can spread its worth a try for you cause it worked for me!