PDA

View Full Version : Quinn, I Gotta Present For You :-)

Beverly
06-16-2003, 12:58 AM
Was feeding my seahorses today and noticed a CRAB hiding in the rock :evil:

I laid a trap for it and watched it for about a half hour. In that time, it worked its way over to the small glass bowl, GRABBED the bowl and MOVED the bowl for a better look at the bait inside. It half crawled in before realizing it wouldn't be able to get out, then it ran back real fast to its hiding place. Drat, foiled again :evil:

So, I added more mysis to the bowl and continued watching to see if the crab would go for it again. I watched and watched, but it didn't budge from its hole, so I went away to make and eat supper.

Just now, Chris told me I'd caught the crab :cool:

I have it in a glass of tank water. It's about 1.25" in diameter, brown and sorta fuzzy, but not like the first crab you got from me which had red eyes. Do you want me to save it for you when you come on Saturday? It wouldn't be a problem to do so. I'd do a water change daily for it if you want it.

Quinn, if you don't want it, does anybody else want it? It's an interesting crab in that it always keeps its back legs touching rock while it ventures outside its hole. I'd keep him, but I don't have a good place for him, and the ROCK option kinda sucks.

Quinn
06-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Yup for sure hold onto him. I've put three crabs and a mantis shrimp in my fuge and my pod populations are skyrocketing. So another can't hurt. I haven't seen any of the crabs again, but I know where the mantis is hiding, I can see his little white eyes watching me. :twised:

Beverly
06-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Yup for sure hold onto him.

Done :smile:

Bring a tupperware container for him when you come.