PDA

View Full Version : 12" blueface

300g
03-27-2009, 06:23 AM
i just buy 12" blueface + 12" bluering + 8" passer + 13" naso + 2" flamehawk
3" passer + 8" Magnificent Foxface + 4" bluethoat trigger !!
Who is the bosss ??? i think blueface ?? pics will post tmr !
i have 4" Xmas wrasse (male)
3" clown wrasse
5" red coris wrs
5.5 flagfin angle
2" orange lemonpeel
3.5" flame angle
5" harlequin tusk
4" yellow tank
7" Australian Dussumieri Tang
4" indo Dussumieri Tang
6" hawaii Dussumieri Tang
2" white freckled tang
7" blond naso

next order will try 10-12" xmas island emp angel , golden puffer
chrysurus angel ,scribbled angel ,personifer angel !!

Keri
03-27-2009, 08:27 PM
wow,that's a lot of tangs and angels! Do they all get along?

300g
03-27-2009, 08:36 PM
yes ,they doing very well !! i will post pics tonight !!

naesco
03-27-2009, 09:10 PM
i just buy 12" blueface + 12" bluering + 8" passer + 13" naso + 2" flamehawk
3" passer + 8" Magnificent Foxface + 4" bluethoat trigger !!
Who is the bosss ??? i think blueface ?? pics will post tmr !
i have 4" Xmas wrasse (male)
3" clown wrasse
5" red coris wrs
5.5 flagfin angle
2" orange lemonpeel
3.5" flame angle
5" harlequin tusk
4" yellow tank
7" Australian Dussumieri Tang
4" indo Dussumieri Tang
6" hawaii Dussumieri Tang
2" white freckled tang
7" blond naso

next order will try 10-12" xmas island emp angel , golden puffer
chrysurus angel ,scribbled angel ,personifer angel !!

Did you put them all in at the same time? I know you have a large tank but this is far too many at one time. Please do not add any more for some time.
How long have you had thing tank operating?

Tom R
03-27-2009, 09:24 PM
I would love to see some pictures of your tank.

Tom R

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-27-2009, 09:38 PM
wow,that's a lot of tangs and angels! Do they all get along?

Probably way too many fish in that tank for there to be much aggression.

Can't wait to see pictures.

300g
03-27-2009, 10:02 PM
i put blueface ,bluering , passer 3"/ 7" ,bluethroat trigger ,magnifica foxeface,
flamhawk different time at lastnight 7:30pm - 02:30 am !
frist 9:00pm put foxface (get sick today), 45min -later put bluethroat , 1:30hrs -flamhawk ( dead in this morning ) ,2hrs- small passer , 3hrs- 8"passer ,6hrs later put (blueface or bluering )???? Ok try Blueface -he so big and fat ,30 min later -only one bluering ( i think he very stress ) . anyone know how to post pics or video on canreef .i just take more pics and video few mins before or i have to wait my wife after work to help !
thx

Madreefer
03-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Download your photos to http://photobucket.com/
copy the img and paste on to this site.
It is free to join.
Where are you finding these big fish? I bet they are pretty pricey.
I see you are not asking for any suggestions or help (not that I can give any) but looking forward to seeing your pics.:popcorn:

300g
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
ok ! try to post !!

new but handy
03-27-2009, 11:24 PM
adding fish slowly means 1-2 every few-several weeks not over a few hours:sad:. I'm surprised they're all not sick or dying.

Trigger Man
03-27-2009, 11:36 PM
Ya thats a lot of fish you just added in less then a 24 hour span. You have to be very careful monitoring your tank over the next while, and have medication on standby. Also make sure the water is ariating and you may want to do waterchanges atleast once a week for the next while as your tanks is probably no longer in balance. How long has the tank been running for?

naesco
03-27-2009, 11:58 PM
When did you tank complete cycling?
Please list
salinity
water temperature
ammonia, nitrite and nitrate readings

Tell us how you acclimatized your fish before you put them in the tank?
When did you last put fish in the tank and how many?
Forget about the photos for now because I think you are having problems already.
I would recommend that you take all but two of them back to the lfs tommorrow and would recommend that you take back the large angels and the naso for sure.

Pazil
03-28-2009, 01:18 AM
OMG...:jaw: That more than doubled the bio load!!

i put blueface ,bluering , passer 3"/ 7" ,bluethroat trigger ,magnifica foxeface,
flamhawk different time at lastnight 7:30pm - 02:30 am !
frist 9:00pm put foxface (get sick today), 45min -later put bluethroat , 1:30hrs -flamhawk ( dead in this morning ) ,2hrs- small passer , 3hrs- 8"passer ,6hrs later put (blueface or bluering )???? Ok try Blueface -he so big and fat ,30 min later -only one bluering ( i think he very stress ) . anyone know how to post pics or video on canreef .i just take more pics and video few mins before or i have to wait my wife after work to help !
thx

mark
03-28-2009, 01:46 AM
hope things work out for you (and the fish)

Madreefer
03-28-2009, 01:56 AM
The guys only got 19 posts. He has'nt asked for any help yet. It does'nt appear that he is asking for your opinions. Maybe lay off of him for a bit. He's obviously posting 'cause he's proud of what he's got. Can someone not post without getting the riot act read to them? No need to chase him away. Sounds like I'm coming across as being ignorant but I'm not trying to be.

digital-audiophile
03-28-2009, 02:11 AM
:flypig: :pray:

I await pictures.

naesco
03-28-2009, 02:17 AM
The guys only got 19 posts. He has'nt asked for any help yet. It does'nt appear that he is asking for your opinions. Maybe lay off of him for a bit. He's obviously posting 'cause he's proud of what he's got. Can someone not post without getting the riot act read to them? No need to chase him away. Sounds like I'm coming across as being ignorant but I'm not trying to be.

You are coming across as that and being unfair. I re-read all the posts and no one read the riot act to him.
Most expressed their concern that he overstocked his tank and added too many fish at once. Some are now dead and some are dying.

What would you expect posters to post?

Madreefer
03-28-2009, 02:18 AM
:flypig: :pray:

I await pictures.

Yeah me to.:wink:

300g
03-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Thanks for everyone's concern and posts. I just wanted to ensure to everyone that I'm not "fooling" around with my aquarium. I've been in this hobby for many years and to this day, it's still exciting for me when I put in new fish. I just wanted to share the pics/news with you all. My bad grammar might have made me a bit obnoxious that's why my wife is typing for me now!!! :razz: :lol: The fish all appear to be doing well. They are eating and not fighting. I'll try to answer your posts.
I have medication on hand - it's a special mixture of Rx that I've come up with. Tried & tested & working - in Chinese I've been calling it the "Magic Brew".
The water is changed once/week from my friend - he's owns an aquarium maintenance service. I'll post soon having dinner.
thanks

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks for everyone's concern and posts. I just wanted to ensure to everyone that I'm not "fooling" around with my aquarium. I've been in this hobby for many years and to this day, it's still exciting for me when I put in new fish. I just wanted to share the pics/news with you all. My bad grammar might have made me a bit obnoxious that's why my wife is typing for me now!!! :razz: :lol: The fish all appear to be doing well. They are eating and not fighting. I'll try to answer your posts.
I have medication on hand - it's a special mixture of Rx that I've come up with. Tried & tested & working - in Chinese I've been calling it the "Magic Brew".
The water is changed once/week from my friend - he's owns an aquarium maintenance service. I'll post soon having dinner.
thanks

Good to hear! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

300g
03-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Here's the link to the pics....
http://300gallonmarch09.shutterfly.com
Again, thanks for everyone's replies. I just wanted to share my experience. I am online often reading up on everyone but don't post often due to my limited grammar! Wife's helping right now!!!

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-28-2009, 03:32 AM
WOW! Stunning fish you have!!!

Your tank is very nice too. Great aquascape. Love the big Naso.

How long you had this tank up?

targa81
03-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Oh, the horror. I hope the pictures are optical illusions. They are beautiful fish just look very cramped.

digital-audiophile
03-28-2009, 03:40 AM
What size is your tank? I am assuming 300 Gallons but what are the dimensions, looks short but tall.

300g
03-28-2009, 03:57 AM
WOW! Stunning fish you have!!!

Your tank is very nice too. Great aquascape. Love the big Naso.

How long you had this tank up?

I converted from a 120 gallon and got this tank custom made shipped up from US. This one's been up for about 1 yr now. The bigger rocks are from J&L last 3 big pieces they had from Tonga Beach about 150lb.

300g
03-28-2009, 04:00 AM
what size is your tank? I am assuming 300 gallons but what are the dimensions, looks short but tall.

60"l x 30"w x 36"h

Pazil
03-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Awesome looking fish.... keep up the pics and progress

Cheers

300g
03-28-2009, 04:13 AM
i will try to post video tmr !!
thanks

Madreefer
03-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Wow! Nice big fish you have there! Any pics of your equipment? Or the nano in the back. I like your tank setup. I hope it works good for you.

Trigger Man
03-28-2009, 05:25 AM
Ya nice looking tank, good to see that you've been doing this for a while and have a great cleaning routine. Your tank looks really clean. From the dimensions that you posted for your tank it is actually bigger then it looks in the pics.

dkcrx
03-28-2009, 06:27 AM
looks great, nice to have a friend to help with the maintanance.
A water change every week, I wish I could be that consistant. I'm lucky if i get one done every 6-8weeks.

Leah
03-28-2009, 10:44 AM
All those fish, wow expensive i bet. I would love a tank like yours. It is Beautiful.
Will you be selling the some fish eventually ? You must share your secrets with us.
And your english is pretty good so do not feel bad, thank-you for sharing with us.
Welcome!

digital-audiophile
03-28-2009, 02:57 PM
The tank is bigger than it looks in the picture... allthough I would like to see where the livestock stand in a week a month a year from now. That is indeed a lot of BIG fish, way too many IMO.

steve fedyk
03-28-2009, 03:35 PM
A very nice tank looking tank, with beautiful fish.:biggrin:

my2rotties
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM

tang daddy
03-28-2009, 04:00 PM
300g nice tank!!

As a angel lover I can appreciate all your beautiful fish and time you spent to set it up......

And there is a good reason why you should add a few angels at a time, so it causes less stress on the fish but more importantly so the other fish don't kill the new comer. The best time to add new fish is when the other fish are sleeping, I've heard that new fish have a certain smell to them and this among other things trigger the other fish to attack them.

Make sure you do diligence on the water changes atleast 30% a week or 50% every 2 weeks.

My 90g that I'm currently shutting down had alot of angels before and doing WC weekly helped to clean the water and keep the fish healthy.

Also I found that if you chop up a sheet of nori seaweed to little pieces and presoak then all the fish will get a chance to eat even the small ones. you should try to also feed them a chopped up mixture of clams mussels, silversides, and smelt. The smelt is the same fish we eat in chinese restaurants deep fried..... it's gut is packed with eggs I now feed this to all my fish twice a week and believe that they will store some of the fatty acids and vitamins which inturn will boost the immunity of the fish.

cheers and be sure to post more pics of the hawaiian emporer, I love christmas island emporers!!

300g
03-28-2009, 05:53 PM
This is 300g's wife. He's at work today and won't be able to see everyone's posts til later but I'm sure he'll get me to explain what this person meant and what the other meant. I normally don't get involved with his fish hobby other than occassionally going to BigAl's/J&L..with him to see what he wants to pickup next or be the occassional translator as needed when he needs to order his tank or equipment online. I only started following his thread cuz I'm amused by all the "stirred" up comments. He was so excited yesterday that he called me at work to read up on the comments and translate to him. I am sure he will take all the constructive critism in stride cuz that's the way he is - what's life without learning by experience & other fellow hobbiers. I assume you all as fish fanatics hope that his tank ends up doing well. As for the recommendation of pouring bleach into the tank and walk away-yep, plain nasty. Maybe some of you are waiting for the moment to say "I told you so...". Well, again, not knowing much about this hobby + the ramifications of this supposedly crowded tank - I still hope my hubby gets his chance to say he did ok!! Thanks & Cheers all :wink:!!

my2rotties
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
There are many awesome members on these forums... I think your husband's tank and fish are beautiful, and hope the very best for both of you. If he does need help, I do hope he comes here for help, because there are members that want him to succeed and for his fish to thrive. These forums are a wealth of info, and although there are some jaded and not so nice members, there are countless wonderful members.

Please do keep posting pictures, the tank is amazing to look at!!! I am glad you are a part of your husband's hobby, since I know he appreciates it more then he will tell you. Thanks for sticking up for him as well...

Diana

naesco
03-28-2009, 07:21 PM
This is 300g's wife. He's at work today and won't be able to see everyone's posts til later but I'm sure he'll get me to explain what this person meant and what the other meant. I normally don't get involved with his fish hobby other than occassionally going to BigAl's/J&L..with him to see what he wants to pickup next or be the occassional translator as needed when he needs to order his tank or equipment online. I only started following his thread cuz I'm amused by all the "stirred" up comments. He was so excited yesterday that he called me at work to read up on the comments and translate to him. I am sure he will take all the constructive critism in stride cuz that's the way he is - what's life without learning by experience & other fellow hobbiers. I assume you all as fish fanatics hope that his tank ends up doing well. As for the recommendation of pouring bleach into the tank and walk away-yep, plain nasty. Maybe some of you are waiting for the moment to say "I told you so...". Well, again, not knowing much about this hobby + the ramifications of this supposedly crowded tank - I still hope my hubby gets his chance to say he did ok!! Thanks & Cheers all :wink:!!

Let me summarize what I 'think' most of the posters who have posted and many who have not posted are concerned about.

Your husband appears to have had experience in keeping fish and has a suitably sized tank to accommodate the larger fish. The concerns may be.
1. Large naso tangs and large angels are notorious for going on a hunger strike and as a result refuse to eat despite the best efforts of the reefer and die.
2. Angels are very sensitive fish and are subject to stress more so than many species. Keeping so many so quickly simply increases the likelihood that they will not have time to to accommodate themselves to their new environment and will die of stress.

The fact is that some have already died and some are sick which does not bode well for the future.

I am surprised that a reputable LFS would sell you so many of these species without warning you. LFS know the potential as often they are unable to get these fish to feed.
Of course all of us pray that the fish do survive.

IMO opinion success in this hobby requires patience. IMO the fun part is going to the LFS on a fairly regular basis, seeing a fish we like, reading up on its requirements and buying it, and than adding more over time.
Success is much more important than pictures. Reading up about the proposed fish purchase asking questions on this board avoids 'the learning experience' you spoke of because it avoids unnecessary fish death.
Keep us updated on their welfare. Thank you

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Let me summarize what I 'think' most of the posters who have posted and many who have not posted are concerned about.

Your husband appears to have had experience in keeping fish and has a suitably sized tank to accommodate the larger fish. The concerns may be.
1. Large naso tangs and large angels are notorious for going on a hunger strike and as a result refuse to eat despite the best efforts of the reefer and die.
2. Angels are very sensitive fish and are subject to stress more so than many species. Keeping so many so quickly simply increases the likelihood that they will not have time to to accommodate themselves to their new environment and will die of stress.

The fact is that some have already died and some are sick which does not bode well for the future.

I am surprised that a reputable LFS would sell you so many of these species without warning you. LFS know the potential as often they are unable to get these fish to feed.
Of course all of us pray that the fish do survive.

IMO opinion success in this hobby requires patience. IMO the fun part is going to the LFS on a fairly regular basis, seeing a fish we like, reading up on its requirements and buying it, and than adding more over time.
Success is much more important than pictures. Reading up about the proposed fish purchase asking questions on this board avoids 'the learning experience' you spoke of because it avoids unnecessary fish death.
Keep us updated on their welfare. Thank you

I pretty much agree with this and think most do. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the amount of fish and fish choices BUT adding them all at once is indeed asking for trouble. I think everyone hopes and wishes they do well, for the sake of the animals who didn't have a say in the matter...except one person of course who wishes to kill all your fish with bleach for no apparent reason. Still can't believe someone said that :(

I also agree with Wayne when he says half the fun is adding fish over time! But thats just me. I love knowing right now that I have quite a lot of room still in my tank to add more fish. Well I probably only have room for one more big fish but I have loads of room for little guys ;)

Please don't be deterred by the one or two negative comments and keep posting. You have a great tank.

There are many things about this hobby that many people will not agree on. I for one don't care so much about tank size as I do about how well the fish look and get along and yours looks great IMO.

Good luck.

richtg
03-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Some beautiful specimens. Looks like a lot of work will be involved to keep them healthy (especially in the next few weeks/months).

I'd be doing heavy water changes weekly (like 50%) for a few weeks and feeding lots too (to help with the stress factor).

I understand your excitement in adding all those fish at once, but in my opinion, patience is the best tool a reefer can use.

Good luck, I hope things work out for your tank. Looks great!

fishoholic
03-28-2009, 10:45 PM
As for the recommendation of pouring bleach into the tank and walk away-yep, plain nasty.

Yikes! Honestly I'm quite appalled by the fact that some one on here would say such a thing :sad: I'm glad that the mods removed that comment but I'm still shocked that it was made it the first place.

A lot of people have different ways of doing things in this hobby. Just because someones way is different then how you would do it (albeit right or wrong) doesn't mean you have to be nasty to that person.

I hope everything works out for you and your fish.

Lance
03-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Nice tank; and your fish are incredible.

Keri
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Thanks for posting pics, they are beautiful fish. Yeah, it seems like a lot to add all at once but if aggression would be an issue otherwise then I can see your reasoning for doing it this way. You're better than me at keeping up with water changes, that's for sure! Having kept fish for years I'm sure you know the risks, and I doubt anyone would risk killing all of those beautiful (and not cheap!) fish. The tank is very nice and clean, thanks for sharing the pics :)

And tisk tisk to the person who posted the bleach comment! How does that help the fish at all??

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Any chance of getting equipment pictures? I would like to see the sump.

lastlight
03-29-2009, 01:27 AM
for the record i pointed out what the nasty acronym meant. I also commended the mods on a job well done and my posts were also removed. If my posts were removed simply because they related to the nasty posts it'd be nice if that was explained to me. I hate sifting through a thread only to find my input has been deleted.

Aquattro
03-29-2009, 02:29 AM
. If my posts were removed simply because they related to the nasty posts it'd be nice if that was explained to me. I hate sifting through a thread only to find my input has been deleted.

sorry, I don't have time to send notes to everyone to make sure feelings aren't hurt. Publicly posted comments are subject to review and removal, depending on their content or relationship to other questionable content. I did post that the thread was cleaned up, if your post is missing, it went with the cleaning.

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-29-2009, 02:38 AM
So anything that made mention or replied to the comment about 'pouring bleach into the tank and walking away' was removed?

Aquattro
03-29-2009, 02:41 AM
So anything that made mention or replied to the comment about 'pouring bleach into the tank and walking away' was removed?

correct. It's now a nice happy thread about a new member posting about his tank. I see no point in tarnishing it with comments like pouring bleach in tanks.
To rant about the whole thread, madreefer has his own thread about it, the origianl thread is not the place.

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-29-2009, 02:44 AM
correct. It's now a nice happy thread about a new member posting about his tank. I see no point in tarnishing it with comments like pouring bleach in tanks.
To rant about the whole thread, madreefer has his own thread about it, the origianl thread is not the place.

Fair enough...makes sense.

Aquattro
03-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Fair enough...makes sense.

Sent both of you a PM, we're hijacking again...

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-29-2009, 02:47 AM
Sent both of you a PM, we're hijacking again...

Yes we are...ooops.

Actually...Hey 300G, what do you feed? How often? How much?

There, back on track ;)

lastlight
03-29-2009, 02:56 AM
The fish definately look beautiful! (thx brad. I'm delicate!)

300g
03-29-2009, 04:16 AM
It's me 300g, wife typing only...
Firstly, I'd like to express my regrets for any unhappiness caused in the community with my thread started and responses posted/deleted. As mentioned, I do not mind at all anyone expressing their opinions or concerns, I take note of them. I had not even realized there was an entire other thread stemmed from this.
Anyways, back to my original conversation....
Here are some today's pics of the fish, setup and video. Nice or not - pls continue to post your opinions, no worries....I just hope no one will go below the line and get deleted again....:wink:!!!
Trying out photobucket!! http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/300gallon/Mar282009/

GreenSpottedPuffer
03-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Nice video...You have a Clown Trigger!

Fish look healthy.

300g
03-29-2009, 04:42 AM
Yes we are...ooops.

Actually...Hey 300G, what do you feed? How often? How much?

There, back on track ;)

You'll see from my new pics what I feed. In the pic with the spoon/bowls - Green powder is from Japan-I don't know how to describe-a combo of deep sea vegetation. Apparently fish really like it and tend to eat, even if they are not feeding well. My friend gave it to me. The other spoon is a mix I made myself of dried clam, shrimp, crab, scallop, seaweed. I feed at the most 3x/day for span of 6 hrs. I watch them finish, then a couple of hours later feed again. I need to go on the schedule of the flagfin angel which needs several small feedings.

my2rotties
03-29-2009, 05:01 AM
You have a beautiful tank with gorgeous fish. I would watch those fish for hours on end. I iwsh I could set up an Angel tank like that.

Trigger Man
03-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Your fish eat very well, I may have to get some of that "green powder" sent this way.

High tide
03-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Is your maintenance friend Colin? I was going to post that your Blueface will definitely be the boss, now that you've added a Clown Trigger....watch your fingers!! :lol:

Leah
03-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks again, It is quite immpressive and what ever you feed them they seem to love it.
I would love to know what your green powder is. Perhaps you should be selling this. I hope your wife is not to mad, she seems very nice. And your pictures and video's are wonderful to see. I hope you continue to share with us all, and I for one am glad that you are not to offended. They mean well I think, sometimes the approach is very rough.
Hope to see more video's soon. Hope things continue to do well for you and your fish family.
Leah

ferret
03-29-2009, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=High tide;405226]Is your maintenance friend Colin?

+1 and he's providing the maintenance services for his previous and new customers. And could you please post some of the pictures regarding the set up of your sump? Thanks

Madreefer
03-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Nice videos. What is that acrylic box in your sump that is filled with bioballs? And what kind of skimmer is that? It cooks up a nice looking fish broth.

300g
03-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Nice video...You have a Clown Trigger!

Fish look healthy.

i missing him on my listed !!

300g
03-30-2009, 12:14 AM
Nice videos. What is that acrylic box in your sump that is filled with bioballs? And what kind of skimmer is that? It cooks up a nice looking fish broth.

1 nitrate reactor / remover
2 Asm G4xx with 15000 pump

300g
05-03-2009, 03:17 AM
Just added a lunar wrasse & a crosshatch trigger. Appears they are enjoying their new environment. The previous fish added are all doing well too...I hope they continue to thrive. They enjoy eating tiger shrimp, not too keen on the dried food except for dried seaweed.
link: http://s571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/300gallon/

my2rotties
05-03-2009, 03:51 AM
That crosshatch trigger is amazing!!! You have an amazing tank and fish...

Delphinus
05-03-2009, 03:52 AM
Great looking crosshatch. :)

300g
05-03-2009, 04:05 AM
I think lucky so far. My friend has tried crosshatch triggers 3x and each time they didn't eat - ....died. One of them jumped out of the tank and died.

workn2hard2day
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Amazing Fish!

300g
05-05-2009, 03:01 AM
The crosshatch trigger..(died) :cry::cry::cry:!!!! I saw him doing very well in this morning but after fews hours later he ....... gone ???:redface::redface:Is he very hard to keep ?

300g
05-05-2009, 03:03 AM
The crosshatch trigger..(died) :cry::cry::cry:!!!! I saw him doing very well in this morning but after fews hours later he ....... gone ???:redface::redface:Is he difficult to keep ?

Trigger Man
05-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Sorry to hear about the Crosshatch, they are a great fish.

300g
05-05-2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry to hear about the Crosshatch, they are a great fish.
How about your Xhatch ? How long in your tank ?

my2rotties
05-05-2009, 03:13 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your cross hatch. Fro what I read about triggers they are very easy to keep. How long was he in the store for before you brought him home. It could be that he went home too soon and did not have the time to adjust to captivity. Sometimes these things just happen...

The crosshatch trigger..(died) :cry::cry::cry:!!!! I saw him doing very well in this morning but after fews hours later he ....... gone ???:redface::redface:Is he difficult to keep ?

naesco
05-05-2009, 03:19 AM

I am sorry you lost the trigger.
How long was he in your QT.
What other fish have you lost since you first posted?

Trigger Man
05-05-2009, 03:21 AM
How about your Xhatch ? How long in your tank ?

My Crosshatch has been in my tank for a little under 2 years and it has always looked and done great in there, I was able to order in a nice small sized one. I did make sure that it was eating well first before I brought it home though.

300g
05-05-2009, 03:27 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your cross hatch. Fro what I read about triggers they are very easy to keep. How long was he in the store for before you brought him home. It could be that he went home too soon and did not have the time to adjust to captivity. Sometimes these things just happen... 5 days in fish store .my home just 3 days ??

300g
05-05-2009, 03:28 AM
My Crosshatch has been in my tank for a little under 2 years and it has always looked and done great in there, I was able to order in a nice small sized one. I did make sure that it was eating well first before I brought it home though.Thanks for your info !!

naesco
05-05-2009, 03:32 AM
5 days in fish store .my home just 3 days ??

Do you mean that it was in the QT for only 3 days?

300g
05-05-2009, 03:34 AM
I am sorry you lost the trigger.
How long was he in your QT.
What other fish have you lost since you first posted?

i only lost Xhatch.

naesco
05-05-2009, 03:37 AM
i only lost Xhatch.

That is good news.
Was he only in your QT for 3 days?
Wayne

300g
05-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Do you mean that it was in the QT for only 3 days? NO , In display tank .

my2rotties
05-05-2009, 03:49 AM
What I have learned to do is pay for the fish and keep it at the store for a few weeks... this way I know he is for sure healthy and eating when I bring him home. I left my Sargassum trigger at the store for six weeks, and my Regal angel at the store for 12 weeks... they are happy and healthy in my display now, after being being in QT for awhile as well.

If the fish dies at the store, then they will have to give you either another fish, credit or a refund. It really sucks you lost your trigger, they are hard to come by.

5 days in fish store .my home just 3 days ??

naesco
05-05-2009, 03:58 AM
NO , In display tank .

I assume this means that you placed the fish directly into your display tank without using your QT.
If that is the case you are courting disaster as your tank is quite loaded and has some very valuable fish.
We have had two recent postings by members, both experienced reefers, who had loaded large tanks that were almost wiped out.
They can tell you or you can read their postings.

Please set up a QT without delay to avoid this tragedy.

Wayne

300g
05-05-2009, 04:14 AM
What I have learned to do is pay for the fish and keep it at the store for a few weeks... this way I know he is for sure healthy and eating when I bring him home. I left my Sargassum trigger at the store for six weeks, and my Regal angel at the store for 12 weeks... they are happy and healthy in my display now, after being being in QT for awhile as well.

If the fish dies at the store, then they will have to give you either another fish, credit or a refund. It really sucks you lost your trigger, they are hard to come by.
agree !Some store they can do !
the fish store they dont want to keep too long because the price of Xhatch :sad:

300g
05-05-2009, 04:20 AM
I assume this means that you placed the fish directly into your display tank without using your QT.
If that is the case you are courting disaster as your tank is quite loaded and has some very valuable fish.
We have had two recent postings by members, both experienced reefers, who had loaded large tanks that were almost wiped out.
They can tell you or you can read their postings.

Please set up a QT without delay to avoid this tragedy.

WayneThanks again. 20g QT or +

300g
05-05-2009, 04:40 AM
xhatch

naesco
05-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks again. 20g QT or +

20 is enough IMO

fishytime
05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
20 is enough IMO

Sorry to hear about your trigger.

???? Sorry Wayne, most of the time I respect and agree with your opinion but a 20g qt is not ok for a 6-8" crosshatch trigger. This gentleman has already and is buying large showcase fish. Furthermore should the unfortunate occasion arise where he needs to medicate say, his 12" blueface angel, a 20g simply wont do. I say go with the largest qt/hospital tank you can house and afford.

Madreefer
05-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Would you like to share with us where you are getting these large fish? Nice looking fish you have by the way.

anaitari
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
What a great looking tank and Beautiful Fish too :biggrin:

subman
05-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Would you like to share with us where you are getting these large fish? Nice looking fish you have by the way.

+1 :mrgreen:

naesco
05-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your trigger.

???? Sorry Wayne, most of the time I respect and agree with your opinion but a 20g qt is not ok for a 6-8" crosshatch trigger. This gentleman has already and is buying large showcase fish. Furthermore should the unfortunate occasion arise where he needs to medicate say, his 12" blueface angel, a 20g simply wont do. I say go with the largest qt/hospital tank you can house and afford.

I think you are correct for the reasons you stated.
Also, because of the large number of large fish, in the event that 300 needed to remove his fish to a QT for a while 20 is simply too small.
300 please take note.
Wayne

300g
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
i think 36"-48" QT as well . now i using 40w aqua ultraviolet or i need put one more 40w?

300g
05-07-2009, 03:41 AM
here is last photo of crosshatch trigger :sad: he look beautiful and healthy but I only find one redspot (see his belly) ! someone told me he get Heart attack ??

my2rotties
05-07-2009, 03:52 AM
I wish I knew what happened, and hope someone can help you find answers. I am very sorry for the loss. These are a beautiful species of fish.

here is last photo of crosshatch trigger :sad: he look beautiful and healthy but I only find one redspot (see his belly) ! someone told me he get Heart attack ??