PDA

View Full Version : Do Fish know when you want them out?

Trigger Man
03-26-2009, 04:59 AM
So I've had a Red Coris wrasse in my tank for over a year, and for the last quarter of a year I've been trying to catch it and take it out of the tank. It loves nipping my zoas when hungry and has killed a couple of other wrasses I tried in the tank. A few weeks ago I saw Dougs (fishytimes) Australian wrasse and it reminded me that I wanted to get the Coris out. Well today I get home and find the wrasse on the floor dried up. I know this solves my problem, yet ironic in the fact that it was not until I stopped trying to catch it that it decides to jump out of my covered tank (got out where I move the glass to feed). So either mind over matter works or maybe it just knew it no longer fit the big picture.
I do feel for the wrasse though, i would have rather have caught it and been able to find it a home.

my2rotties
03-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Usually it's a fish we love and want that carpet surfs. Sorry to hear about it though. I wonder why he decided to jump after all this time? It's so strange.

lobsterboy
03-26-2009, 05:27 AM
too bad my damsels and coral beauty wouldnt jump out. hahaha

TheRealBigAL
03-26-2009, 08:36 AM
So I've had a Red Coris wrasse in my tank for over a year, and for the last quarter of a year I've been trying to catch it and take it out of the tank. It loves nipping my zoas when hungry and has killed a couple of other wrasses I tried in the tank. A few weeks ago I saw Dougs (fishytimes) Australian wrasse and it reminded me that I wanted to get the Coris out. Well today I get home and find the wrasse on the floor dried up. I know this solves my problem, yet ironic in the fact that it was not until I stopped trying to catch it that it decides to jump out of my covered tank (got out where I move the glass to feed). So either mind over matter works or maybe it just knew it no longer fit the big picture.
I do feel for the wrasse though, i would have rather have caught it and been able to find it a home.

HAHAHA the same thing happened to me with a bossy flasher wrasse.

fishoholic
03-27-2009, 02:13 AM
Sorry you couldn't find yours a new home first. I love mine and I would be very sad if he jumped.

fishytime
03-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Aw Ellis....sorry your wrasse became a CCC. Lineatus have been on our lists for like three weeks now so we should be able to get you one....if you want. Next time you pop into the shop look in the display tank....we got a labouti(sp?).