PDA

View Full Version : help! what is this, is good thing?

Bell Guy
03-25-2009, 03:23 AM
I got some base rock from my friend. it come alot of that thing and red worm. I believe the red worm would'nt harm my reef and fish. but that thing?....:question:
I put it in a black bucket with power head and heater. If this is bad thing, can I cover the cover 'cook' it monthes and kill the bad thing?

thanks!!!!!

Bell Guy
03-25-2009, 03:27 AM
testing upload the pic

marie
03-25-2009, 03:28 AM
It figures that this thread is the only thread my computer will let me answer :lol:

What "thing" are you talking about. Here are a couple of sites that can help you identify hitchhikers

http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm

http://www.melevsreef.com/id/

marie
03-25-2009, 03:31 AM
That looks like an aiptasia anemone. In my experience it would take a long, long time to kill those by *cooking* . Peppermint shrimp, joes juice or kalk paste injected into the anemone may be the best bet

Myka
03-25-2009, 03:37 AM
What she ^ said. :)

Bell Guy
03-25-2009, 03:45 AM
I put it in to a high kalk is ok?
how high? and how long should be last?

thanks

subman
03-25-2009, 04:57 AM
I think you should go get a bottle of Joes Juice, it looks as though you have quite a few.

subman
03-25-2009, 04:59 AM
I put it in to a high kalk is ok?
how high? and how long should be last?

thanks

You actually use a small syringe and squirt right into the anemone not just put it in the tank.

Keri
03-25-2009, 06:54 AM
GREAT pics by the way! (It's so nice when ID-me pics are clear!)

Bell Guy
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM
cause it was put in the black bucket, I don't care damage all the stuff in the bucket. I just wondering the easy way put a great amount of baking soda instead put the JJ's or kalk, is it will work? and the rock still live?

thankssssss!!!!!

fragNplug
03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
if its only one rock with the aiptasia and that's what it most certainly is from your photo, i used to just dry out the rock. couple days drop it back in and all is good.

urbanhellfire
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
if its only one rock with the aiptasia and that's what it most certainly is from your photo, i used to just dry out the rock. couple days drop it back in and all is good.

This time of year I would just throw it outside over night :biggrin:

Bell Guy
03-26-2009, 04:40 AM
come on too late!!
I do a very stupid thing, I really cook it, inside the boiling water, every thing was death.

to get the same result, I would said your guy's way is move easy and cheap.

whatever, thank you!!!!

a lot, a lot!!!!

next time..........:mrgreen:

TVR
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi:
Dont know what is that, but as my setup started, I did see some on my rocks, but lately, I found those one by one disappeared ! - I dont know good or bad, but gone for good as I thought they look not so nice. Truely, I dont know "who" is eating those but everything else seem doing ok. Like this guy (dont know the name but my wife and me got it from Red Coral for $60

subman
03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Is it just me or is this the most confusing thread on Canreef?:scramble: