PDA

View Full Version : Green Coraline?

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, over the past month, the Coraline has taken off in my tank. I dont mind, its a splash of color on the back walls. Red and Pink, and a little purple. But, on some of my sand, is what looks like coraline, but its green. On the larger sand pieces, 3/16"-1/4". Under shaded areas like my anemone, theres none. Is it a Coraline, or something else?

urbanhellfire
03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I have lime green growing over a big conch shell right now, it is located very close to being directly under one of the 400w MH bulbs on my tank.

I will post a pic when I can find my camera cord here...:Banane17:..... dont you love danc'n fruit!

Myka
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Coralline does come in green, albeit it's rather uncommon. If it's on the sand though, I would be strongly inclined to believe it's a different type of algae. Post pics?

banditpowdercoat
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Here's a pic

http://banditpowdercoat.com/Powdergallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/Dsc00017%20%282%29.jpg

urbanhellfire
03-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Top down and front shot.

It really seems to like very white surfaces, its starting on a upside down clam shell in the one picture.

It could be just large white pieces of sand or crushed clamshells that it is growing on?. Grab a piece , you should not be able to rub or wipe it off at all

without scratching it off :mrgreen:

What type of lighting are you running?

I can remember the pieces of LR that had the green coralline on it, I had them under PC lighting for over a 6 months and any sign of green,pink or red coralline was had faded untill I moved the rocks into my 110g with the MH lights.

Peace-out

fragNplug
03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a dark green coraline but it turns purple after a month or so.