PDA

View Full Version : how do you catch a lobster?

68shelby
03-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Any hints on how I may trap my purple lobster?

Ian
03-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Lobster trab:lol:

parkinsn
03-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Just out of curiosity why are you trying to trap him?

fishytime
03-24-2009, 03:22 AM
Just out of curiosity why are you trying to trap him?

My guess would be.....he would like to keep something other than just the lobster in the tank.:mrgreen:

How big is he? If its small enough you can lure it to a front corner of the tank and come behind it with a large enough plastic container. Bottle or fish trap perhaps?

reeferious
03-24-2009, 03:39 AM
buy a length of 1.5 or 2 in dia hard transparent plastic tubing (in a pinch 1 liter pop bottle with bottom carved out will also work) along with a thin wooden dowel. starve whatever you want to catch for a few days. when it's trapping time tie a chunk of shrimp or fish meat securely to stick end and pass stick through tubing or bottle. new aim that meat piece at whatever you're trying to catch and once that critter has gotten hold of meat slowly draw critter into bottle trap. once safely confined slam open end into sand bed and you would have caught your beast.

3MTA3
03-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Doesn it have a name? You could try calling it?! Just kidding around.

Do you have extensive rock work? Is the tank well established with corals groing things together so you cannot get rocks out? Two nets work sometimes. As does the starvation technique but not as nice as how do you starve one fish and not all? Hope you can get it out if it is causing you issues.

Cheers

B.S.

68shelby
04-12-2009, 05:33 PM
He is about 4-5 inches, he is absolutely gorgeous, and is fairly decent with his tank mates, He doesnt bother the corals and the only fish he has ever killed have been a lawnmower blennie and a mandarin fish. Anything that can swim he doesnt even bother with. Crabs I dont know if he has killed any some go missing. Shrimps he doesnt bother.
However I do want a couple clams in the future and the way he goes after mussells at feeding time I know they wont last.