PDA

View Full Version : Koralia 2

Ryan
03-24-2009, 12:27 AM
I bought a couple K2's 2nd hand. I put them in the aquarium to get a little more flow and first they wouldnt turn on when I plugged them in. So I pulled one apart and put it back together and bingo that worked. But I dont think its putting out the 600GPH its supposed to. Infact its putting out way less than my Maxi-jets thats rated for 270GPH. Is there something I need to know about these to get them to run at full force?

parkinsn
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
I have issues with my Koralia's sometimes after i turn them off. Never had a issue out of the box though. I just poke the impeller with a stick while its plugged in and it goes every time. As for not getting the proper flow im not sure what to say other than, you are comparing a 1/2 outlet on your maxi-jet which is a concentrated stream to a more broad flow from the K2 (possibly the reason). If you really think there is a problem try to exchange it with your LFS for a new one. JMO

Pazil
03-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi Ryan.. X2 The flow from the Maxijets are much more direct as opposed to the wide spread that you get from the Hydors.

As for not getting the proper flow im not sure what to say other than, you are comparing a 1/2 outlet on your maxi-jet which is a concentrated stream to a more broad flow from the K2 (possibly the reason). JMO

Cheers
Lawrence

Ryan
03-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Maybe it is spread out but when I have the Maxijets on in the aquarium with the K2 on you really dont see a flow from the K2.

Maybe you guys are right because its so spread out you dont notice it. I will tinker with it a bit more and see what the outcome is.

digital-audiophile
03-24-2009, 03:28 PM
When I ran koralias I liked them for the flow, but I foundI could not keep them running for more than 3 months before they died on me. Maybe just my bad luck.

Starry
03-26-2009, 11:38 PM
try soaking them in vinager overnight