PDA

View Full Version : getting crocea to stick?

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
I want to put my Crocea on a shelf on my rockwork. But he's not attaching. Any tricks to getting them to attach? Would like him up incase there's not enough light down at sand level

tgoeujon
03-24-2009, 04:34 AM
hey dan when you get that figured out let me know. i just picked one up as well and am hoping to get it to stick close to the top:biggrin:

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 05:21 AM
hey dan when you get that figured out let me know. i just picked one up as well and am hoping to get it to stick close to the top:biggrin:

Ya, it's easy. Just make a post, LOL. Ive been trying for 3 days. make this post and an hr later I see the foot out and sucking to the rock. Go figure. Where did you get yours from? Just cant get over staring at mine. Different angles, goes Purple, blue, green. its soo cool

tgoeujon
03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
picked mine up from tredford over in kamloops. hes got a post on here selling some things, it is sure pretty though. its kinda funny though, when i started in this hobby i wasnt gonna get any sps or clams. funny how things work:biggrin:

Treebeard
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Set him someplace where you don't want him to stick. Guaranteed he will stick. :sad:

I want to put my Crocea on a shelf on my rockwork. But he's not attaching. Any tricks to getting them to attach? Would like him up incase there's not enough light down at sand level

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Ya no kiddin. I only wanted LPS/Softies. Now i'm lookin at Birdsnests and Acro's, sayin "Hmm, I have a spot for that"

Is your tank in show condition? We could come down Wed or Thurs after work to get the Candycane Frag/ have a peek at your tank :D

tgoeujon
03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
come thursday, tanks in about as show condition as it gets, lol. the cc in the frag tank arent lookin to well right now but ive got a red and green and a pure green sittin there for ya

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
OK, you work till 6, right? 7ish ok?

Tom R
03-24-2009, 11:43 PM

In the past I have set my new clams on half of an old oyster shell on the sand. About a week later it will have attached itself to the oyster shell. Now you can put it anywhere you want. You can also move it any time you want.

Keep in mind that the clam is probably moving as it is not happy with the location its in.

It is likely that either the flow, the light or the traffic in that location is causing the clam to look for a better location.

Tom R

banditpowdercoat
03-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Thx Tom. Never thought of the clam shell. I think/hope he's happy now. The mantle out really nice and he's away from the high traffic zone