PDA

View Full Version : How long of a FW dip to get rid of flatworms?

ganowicki
06-14-2003, 09:44 PM
a buddy of mine has a torch coral that doesn't seem to be looking that good, so he offered it to me to try a revive. one problem.... he has flatworms. I know you can do a FW dip to get rid of the worms, however I don't know how long you dip it for?? anybody know

Thanks Gord

pocilipora
06-14-2003, 11:10 PM
Flat worms die and turn to mush within seconds. 10 should do it.

nigel
06-18-2003, 01:32 AM
Thread carefully, get them all

Bob I
06-18-2003, 02:22 PM
a buddy of mine has a torch coral that doesn't seem to be looking that good, so he offered it to me to try a revive. one problem.... he has flatworms. I know you can do a FW dip to get rid of the worms, however I don't know how long you dip it for?? anybody know

Thanks Gord

I am wondering if you are confusing bristleworms with flatworms. :question: :question:

zulu_principle
06-19-2003, 01:11 AM
I would consider an epsom salt dip rather than a fw dip, way less stressful on the coral.

Wendell

Not to disagree with Chris, but I dont think 10 seconds is enough.

Canadian Man
06-19-2003, 03:14 AM
I would consider an epsom salt dip rather than a fw dip, way less stressful on the coral.

Wendell

Not to disagree with Chris, but I dont think 10 seconds is enough.

I did some recently accuired frags for about 20 to 30 seconds and that was plenty. I did not dip the whole frag though I only dipped the piece of rock that it was attached to. some of the coral got wet but after about 20 seconds you could see the flatworms falling off and turning red :evil:

StirCrazy
06-19-2003, 11:14 AM
I personaly do 3 dips of 10 seconds each. in between I put the frag into clean tank water for about 2 min (changing the clean tank water every dip) I have taken frags from several tanks with flatworms and following this method I have never lost a frag or gained flatworms. For my fresh water I use 100% pure RO/DI

Steve