PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy RO/DI water in GTA area?

nicuz
03-21-2009, 02:05 AM
I just bought a 5g jug from big al's. It cost me $12!! And the water is not even deionized!!! Do you guys know of any retailer where I can buy RO/DI water at a decent quality and price? I live in Richmond Hill (GTA) so anything within 30-40 km range would be ok.

I really appreciate your help.

doucette74
03-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Most grocery stores sell rodi water out of a machine. Look and ask around, I usualy get 100 liters for around $10.00.

wickedfrags
03-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Regardless of the size of your system the best thing you can do is get an RO/DI unit. Aquasafe make an inexpensive but and effective unit.

nicuz
03-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Regardless of the size of your system the best thing you can do is get an RO/DI unit. Aquasafe make an inexpensive but and effective unit.

Yes I know a ro/di unit is better in the long run but until I save some money for it I need a good source of water.

freddy
03-21-2009, 03:11 PM
I get my ro water from a place in creston called the water shack 2 dollars for 5 gallons,I know overwaitee and extrafoods sells ro water and it's not much more it sure isn't 12 dollars,to me that's robbery.

nicuz
03-21-2009, 05:55 PM
I get my ro water from a place in creston called the water shack 2 dollars for 5 gallons,I know overwaitee and extrafoods sells ro water and it's not much more it sure isn't 12 dollars,to me that's robbery.

I assume this in in BC. I live near Toronto.

wickedfrags
03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Assuming you have all RO water in the system now, I would consider feeding the tank a little less until you can afford that RO unit. The ones on ebay are pretty cheap and will produce the water quality you need. I use a aquasafe unit to supply both my systems.

animalcrossing
03-24-2009, 06:09 PM
try your local water guy kike the culligan man ask about the tds (total desolved solids) the lower the number generaly indicates if he is keeping his units clean and using new resins for the di part

muck
03-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Another good place to look is wine making supply stores. I know a few out this way have pretty sophisticated water purifiers and sell water for a very reasonable price.