PDA

View Full Version : New tank, where should i get one.

kris
06-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Hey every one how are things?

well seeming as the girlfriend gave the go-ahead for a new tank, im going to get one. :biggrin: But she gave me some guid lines. It can be no more then 3 feet long, and 2 feet wide. I was thinking of going 2 feet tall. But my main concern is where to get this little glass box. I can build a stand and canopy, but id rather not. ( i don't have free time to take on a project, but could if i had to) Im down sizeing my 100g to do a species tank i think. More then likely pipe fish. I was also planing it to be viewable from three sides. So what is every ones thoughts and ideas?

Cheers!

StirCrazy
06-13-2003, 10:14 PM
I know a tank that is 3 foot long, 2 foot wide and 2 foot tall.. wight a stand that might be comming up for sale in september.

Steve

kris
06-13-2003, 11:20 PM
hmm really?

Mak
06-13-2003, 11:58 PM
I know a tank that is 3 foot long, 2 foot wide and 2 foot tall.. wight a stand that might be comming up for sale in september.

Steve

LOL I knew it was only a matter of time :rolleyes: :lol: :wink:

Beverly
06-14-2003, 02:37 AM
Im down sizeing my 100g to do a species tank i think. More then likely pipe fish.

Make sure the pipe fish are eating mysis shrimp at the lfs and, not brine, before bringing it home. Brine has the nutritional value of styrofoam, so if that's all they're eating they're kinda doomed. They can sometimes be extremely tough to train or retrain to eat frozen anything, so be careful before you buy.

Places to research care and feeding before buying are:

http://www.seahorse.org/

http://www.syngnathid.org/

HTH.

EmilyB
06-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Hey Kris,

Let me know if I can help at all with my very limited pipefish experience.
They are eating PE mysis now...woo hoo ! :smile: I probably worried off five pounds just watching them. They don't seem to have real big brains....... :lol:

If I had a bigger tank, I would have bought all four. Might have been a better chance to get a pairing. I've heard there is poor success with captive breeding. Probably the food thing, I would think.
BTW, I know I owe you a recipe. :mrgreen:

StirCrazy
06-14-2003, 03:52 AM

Steve

LOL I knew it was only a matter of time :rolleyes: :lol: :wink:

Bah I had to buy a new house to get the privlage of getting a bigger tank :mrgreen:

Steve

kris
06-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Hey All

Hey Emily.. i heard you finly got into pipe fish. Well as for breadfing there can be a poor sucsess rate. But there can also be a goos sucsess rate. Denises Dad and i are looking into setting up a farm for three types we can get in easly. ( one being the blue strip pipe fish) Doryrhamphus excisus

Maybe this week we can get together in chat and talk pipe fish.. i might be able to help you out. ( hint is green watter :wink: )

Steve we are sorta hoping for a tank sooner.. but i woul like yours regardless keep me posted.