PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting flow rate on Maxi-Jet

Chad
06-13-2003, 08:00 PM
On J & L's website it says the Maxi-Jets have an adjustable flow rate? but on mine I cannot see where I can adjust it. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Chad

Aquattro
06-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Chad, can you supply a link to where it says this? I don't see that feature listed.

edit: Oh, I see where it says that. Not sure why, cause I don't think it's true.

Chad
06-13-2003, 08:38 PM
Chad, can you supply a link to where it says this? I don't see that feature listed.

edit: Oh, I see where it says that. Not sure why, cause I don't think it's true.

UH oh, false advertising :lol: ... I really need to adjust mine a bit.. Don't want to go buy another lower flow one.

StirCrazy
06-13-2003, 09:27 PM
"Includes intake tube, prefilter screen, air filter, silencer, & flow adjustment."

this means that the air intake flow amount is adjustable.. which they are.. no false advertising here at all.

Steve

christyf5
06-13-2003, 09:28 PM
well heck it comes with enought little fiddly attachment thingys. One of them must adjust the flow :wink:

Chad
06-13-2003, 09:44 PM
"Includes intake tube, prefilter screen, air filter, silencer, & flow adjustment."

this means that the air intake flow amount is adjustable.. which they are.. no false advertising here at all.

Steve

I wasn't being serious about the false advertising.. :rolleyes: If you read it tho it just says "flow adjustment" doesn't say "flow adjustment for air filter". Its all in the way it is worded. I was hoping against hope it had a flow adjustment.

Chad

StirCrazy
06-13-2003, 10:07 PM
I know you were joking about it.. but that whole line deals with the air intake so only makes sence that the adjustment is for the air intake also.

there is a way you can reduce the flow and that would be to make a difuser for the output of the power head.

Steve

Chad
06-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Its no big deal, I will just go buy a new PH.. Anyone have a clue where to get the Turbo ventruri for the Maxi-jet? J&L cannot get it in apparently.

Chad

EmilyB
06-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Premium Aquatics (http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=MJ-VENT)

They will mail it. :mrgreen:

You should try to trade the pH. Sometimes people want a larger one - it'll save you some cash.

Chad
06-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Premium Aquatics (http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=MJ-VENT)

They will mail it. :mrgreen:

You should try to trade the pH. Sometimes people want a larger one - it'll save you some cash.

Well I need it to power my Protien skimmer ( in the future). But in the meantime I was thinking I might be able to adjust it lower. Thanks for the link, I will buy it ASAP.

Chad

Tau2301
06-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Add a Hagen quick filter to the intake. Add filter material to slow down the flow.

The hole at the top will have to be opened up a bit.