PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 250 Watt Mercury Vapour Ballasts

Bryan
06-13-2003, 05:25 AM
Looking for 250 watt Mercury vapour ballasts H37 for some Iwasaki bulbs. I know they run on Metal Halide, but i want to see if they burn brighter and whiter under the Mercury Vapour ballasts.

christyf5
06-13-2003, 05:43 AM
Brighter and whiter than what ballasts? I have the H37 ballasts (and no I'm not selling them). Just wondering. I've compared them on another setup (not sure which ballast type but definitely non H37's) and they look about the same to my eyes. Good luck finding the H37's.

Christy :)

Troy F
06-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Bryan, did you try Albrite? They're on Kebet Way in Port Coquitlam. The ballast is ~$87

Bryan
06-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Brighter and whiter than what ballasts? I have the H37 ballasts (and no I'm not selling them). Just wondering. I've compared them on another setup (not sure which ballast type but definitely non H37's) and they look about the same to my eyes. Good luck finding the H37's.

Thanks Christy:

From what I have been told they are supposed to burn whiter using strictly a Mercury Vapour ballast. However even PFO suggests they will only burn slightly bluer. Don't know where they get the blue from as they are very yellow. I will upload a pic tonight or tomorrow.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the iwasaki's over your tank without actinics for comparison.

-=Bryan=-

Bryan
06-13-2003, 03:59 PM
Bryan, did you try Albrite? They're on Kebet Way in Port Coquitlam. The ballast is ~$87

Thanks Troy, I would rather go the used route in case they burn no brighter on the MV than my MH.

christyf5
06-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Albrite has them?? Have you checked there lately Troy? Are they bare ballasts. Sorry for all the questions. :biggrin: Man that rocks. I think mine may be on the way out so its good to know I have another source. I thought they were really difficult to find.

Bryan,
I don't have any pics of the R-bulbs without the actinics on. Right now I have a set of the non-R bulbs on my tank and man are they ever yellow :eek: . Actually one of the bulbs is burning blue-ish right now so I need to get out and get another set of bulbs. The R-bulbs are much whiter than the non-R's. But when the actinics are on, its all good anyway so it doesn't matter to me as long as everybody in the tank is happy. I can post a pic of the non-R bulbs if you'd like.

Bryan
06-13-2003, 04:38 PM
I can post a pic of the non-R bulbs if you'd like.

That would be great Cristy. I will post and e-mail you a pic of my R 250 Iwasaki under the M59 ballast next to a Radium on a Son Agro balalst tonight.

Can you post a pic of the Iwasaki with the actinics on and off. Thanks