PDA

View Full Version : Canreef Group Order - Fishbowl Innovations

christyf5
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Ok so a little while ago we were talking about RODI solenoids and where to get them.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49886&highlight=fishbowl

Untamed posted a link to fishbowl innovations and I emailed them to see if we could get a group discount as there were a number of people who seemed interested.

Here is the reply I got:

I can offer your club a group discount with a cupon, that any members can enter into the shopping cart. My usual group discount is 10%, but I will give you 15% on the level controllers.
Because you are in Canada I need to ship each order individually, I would be prohibitivly expensive to ship them together (and they make it difficult to ship large orders). The benefit is, your members can by at their leisure, and there is no time limit.
All I need to know is how many members I can expect to purchase from, and I will setup the discount code.

So instead of just posting this in the local forums we can offer this to anyone on canreef :biggrin:

So anyone interested?? I'm in for a ALC+ RODI solenoid package.

BC Mosaic
03-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm in for a ALC+ RODI solenoid package.

hillegom
03-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Christyf5, thanks for doing the work of getting the group discount.
He says that he will give us 15% on the level controllers. I then assume that we do not get this discount if we only buy the solenoids?
Thanks

lastlight
03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
can these solenoids be used with an aquarium controller? trigger with a float switch and then powered by the power bar?

christyf5
03-17-2009, 10:39 PM
can these solenoids be used with an aquarium controller? trigger with a float switch and then powered by the power bar?

Beats me :razz: You can research them here:

http://www.fishbowl-innovations.com/

christyf5
03-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Christyf5, thanks for doing the work of getting the group discount.
He says that he will give us 15% on the level controllers. I then assume that we do not get this discount if we only buy the solenoids?
Thanks

no idea, but all he's looking for is a number right now. It took him about 2 weeks to get back to me so once we get an idea on numbers I can email him back and ask. or conversely you can just try ordering it with the coupon code he gives :wink:

banditpowdercoat
03-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Put me in for 5 for pricing. BUT, depending on price he comes up with, I may have found them cheaper.

Ebay has some 12v ones for $15.99ea and gives shipping discount.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300296128000

midgetwaiter
03-18-2009, 04:17 AM
Put me in for 5 for pricing. BUT, depending on price he comes up with, I may have found them cheaper.

Ebay has some 12v ones for $15.99ea and gives shipping discount.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300296128000

If you're going to be adding quick fit adapters to that you get pretty close to 25 bucks anyway.

I'm a little more concerned with his description of the solenoid heating up to the point that it could damage something nearby. I don't know if that's normal for 120vac solenoids or not but it seems like a pretty good case for using a lower voltage coil. I've switched the 24v solenoids in sprinkler control units with anything from 12vdc to 24vac and they don't get that hot.

banditpowdercoat
03-18-2009, 04:26 AM
If you're going to be adding quick fit adapters to that you get pretty close to 25 bucks anyway.

I'm a little more concerned with his description of the solenoid heating up to the point that it could damage something nearby. I don't know if that's normal for 120vac solenoids or not but it seems like a pretty good case for using a lower voltage coil. I've switched the 24v solenoids in sprinkler control units with anything from 12vdc to 24vac and they don't get that hot.

Pretty much all 120V coils get warm. Some may say they are HOT. I guess on your deffinition of hot. But ya, with the quick connects, I guess the price will go up quickly

RCFA
03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Count me in for an ALC+ RODI solenoid package.

Marlin65
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I would be in for the solenoid. not the controler i already have one of those.

banditpowdercoat
03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
Any more progress on this? Looking to buy some within 3 weeks

christyf5
03-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Sorry I was waiting for more interest. I'll email them tomorrow and get the ball rolling! :biggrin:

OceanicCorals-Ian-
03-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry I was waiting for more interest. I'll email them tomorrow and get the ball rolling! :biggrin:

Count me in for one of these too!

EDIT: I would like one of those moonlight controllers too.

christyf5
03-31-2009, 06:40 PM
ok I've sent him a message about the numbers we'd like. Hopefully we'll hear back soon :biggrin:

Newtoreef
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm in for a selenoid

banditpowdercoat
04-16-2009, 02:31 AM
Any word? Im home in a week. Want to get this project finished, so I can move on to the next one HAHAHA

christyf5
04-16-2009, 02:33 AM
Sorry I haven't heard anything, these guys aren't exactly the quickest on the draw and their website is terrible.:neutral:

banditpowdercoat
04-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Crap!

christyf5
04-16-2009, 03:34 AM
I know, I've even gone so far as to email them through ebay. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't some 15 year old electronics nerd building these things in his parents basement and he's just discovered girls or something?

banditpowdercoat
04-16-2009, 03:37 AM
I know, I've even gone so far as to email them through ebay. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't some 15 year old electronics nerd building these things in his parents basement and he's just discovered girls or something?

LMAO, as long as them girls appreciate Aquatic life HAHAHAHA.

christyf5
05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Well I think we've waited long enough. This group order and fishbowl innovations are defunct.

Sorry guys.:neutral: