PDA

View Full Version : wierd sand thing

freddy
03-17-2009, 04:40 AM
I noticed in my sand long threadlike red,which I thought were some type of worm,but when I moved my cleaning magnet past them they seem to originate from one thing,does anybody know what it could be,the color is a bright red.

TJSlayer
03-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Spagettie worms?... hard to say wihout pic

Keri
03-17-2009, 04:49 AM
spaghetti worms!! looks like this?
(not my own pic, I'm not at my computer)
http://www.notlehs.com/reef/salt6/spagworm.jpg

beneficial scavenger....drop some food onto it and watch it pull it in :)

Myka
03-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Spaghetti worms are greyish not red.

I know what worms you are referring to, and they are common, and harmless. I can't ever remember their name though. They are thin like thread right?

Keri
03-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Spaghetti worms are greyish not red.

I know what worms you are referring to, and they are common, and harmless. I can't ever remember their name though. They are thin like thread right?

Spaghetti worms come in MANY colours.
I have grey, orange, pink, red and black ones in my tank.
I dug them up, they are all the same.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/Photography/Images/Content/spaghetti-worm-murawski-1047836-sw.jpg

full view with body

Myka
03-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Ah poo I was thinkin peanut worms. :lol:

Keri
03-17-2009, 04:55 AM
Ah poo I was thinkin peanut worms. :lol:

heh

yep, our tanks are full of way too many weirdo creatures! :)

Myka
03-17-2009, 04:56 AM
heh

yep, our tanks are full of way too many weirdo creatures! :)

Yes, many of which are astoundingly disgusting. :eek:

Keri
03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
.... I try not to think about that when I'm moving rocks around lol :bolt:

Myka
03-17-2009, 04:59 AM
I try to not think about it ever. I mean I have to sleep with those things in my bedroom!! :eek:

banditpowdercoat
03-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Yes, many of which are astoundingly disgusting. :eek:

Thats for sure. I'm just glad I aint got one of them 10ft long bristle worms. Not much freak me out. But alas, I hate Spiders and worms with many legs. I even hate them crabs that look like spiders...........

Myka
03-17-2009, 05:18 AM
Thats for sure. I'm just glad I aint got one of them 10ft long bristle worms. Not much freak me out. But alas, I hate Spiders and worms with many legs. I even hate them crabs that look like spiders...........

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. Those crabs that look like spiders freak me the heck out. Yuck. I don't even like having a black brittle starfish in my tank...

freddy
03-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for answering so quickly,yeah they are spagetti worms,just saw them and they looked kind of freaky,glad their not harmful,it sure is nice having canreef where people can help others out,thanks gain.