PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins for fish

pocilipora
06-13-2003, 12:43 AM
I want to get some vitamins or something besides garlic for my fish. I was thinking selcon or vitamin C... what do you think.

naesco
06-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Go for selcon.
You should not be feeding fish garlic as a food supplement as we do not know the effects of long term use.
Garlic extract is effective as an ich preventative when adding new fish and for mild ich infections provided it is used for 30 days which is the ich cycle.

Jack
06-13-2003, 01:05 AM
selcon works well. you just soak your food for few minutes and feed your fish like normal

how many people out there use selcon and notice improvements in their tank?

Jason McK
06-13-2003, 04:25 AM
Seclon has remarkably improved the health of my fish. Colour is better and they eat like pigs. Haven't had a case of ick since I started useing it 3 months ago.

J

EmilyB
06-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Kent Zoe is another alternative.

Canadian Man
06-13-2003, 06:01 AM
I keep my fish food soaking in the fridge in a cup of vitamin's all the time. My weekley routine is to add the seachem vitamin's to the cup, add a little bit of tank water. Then I add a whole crapload of diffrent food's and that's my tank food for the next week or so.

I can't say I really notice a diffrence except my scopas tang has better color on him and is more plump. The color I would say is the big one. You can notice his light blue zebra like lines much better now.

Samw
06-13-2003, 07:00 AM
I've stopped using selcon quite a while ago as I didn't see any noticeable differences in my fish's color nor plumpness. I'm feeding with Ocean Nutrition Formula 2 flake, SF Bay freeze dried plankton, Seaweed Selects, and frozen Mysis shrimp.