PDA

View Full Version : stupid fishy !!!!!!

tgoeujon
03-16-2009, 05:19 AM
anyone got any tips how to get fish out of overflow, my yellow watchman jumped in and my arm is not thin or long enough to get him out:sad:

naesco
03-16-2009, 06:12 AM
You need two of those very small size nets.
You need to bend them to suit the size and shape of the overflow.
You one to direct the fish into the other.
Good Luck

Aquattro
03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
do you have a stand pipe? If you can remove it quickly, the flow of the water in the overflow might suck him into a waiting net in the sump. That's what I do, or did, before I built a fish guard. My clowns were in there every other day.

reef bound
03-16-2009, 04:19 PM
do you have a stand pipe? If you can remove it quickly, the flow of the water in the overflow might suck him into a waiting net in the sump. That's what I do, or did, before I built a fish guard. My clowns were in there every other day.
Same. When we put our mandarin in the tank he seemed a little stunned for some reason and although we had most pumps off, the overflows were still doing their thing and we just weren't fast enough with the net. We ended up removing the pipe and he plopped out. We drained the overflow, though, almost, so the water wouldn't come flooding out. On checking the other overflow, we found one of our red leg hermit crabs and our sally lightfoot crab. Flushed them out, too. Good Luck.

tgoeujon
04-03-2009, 02:13 AM
i got him out:biggrin:. drained the overflow and netted him. i think i spent longer thinking about doin it than it took to catch him. only problem was he was back in the next day lol. at least my overflow is gettin well cleaned.

tgoeujon
04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
hes in again and this time im leaving him there

no_bs
04-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I was worried about the overflow pipe myself so I made my hubby put a piece of fine window screen material on it. But he said it plugged up too much. Now he has put egg crate instead.

sharuq1
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Crafter's mesh works great if you need an alternative to the eggrcrate, and it's smaller so keeps out the little fish

hillegom
04-18-2009, 11:02 PM
You can also use the netting that keeps leaves out of the gutters. HD and Fona have it
Edit Errrr thats Rona