PDA

View Full Version : 72" lighting

JTrigger
06-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Can anyone recommend a good place to get 6' lighting (MH)? Just wonder what the alternatives are... for the Vancouver area that is :) or if ordering online... wherever in Canada :)

- Jeff

robbyville
06-12-2003, 10:27 PM
hi Jeff,

well if you want the deluxe canopy, etc then of course J&L has some nice items and reasonable prices. They at least tend to have the best pricing around, I know from my queries in the US and having lived in the states the past few years that their prices can sometimes be even lower than going over the boarder.

That being said, if you don't mind doing some mix and matching and some of the work yourself, I can tell you what I recently did.

Purchased 2x250w PFO Ballast, sockets, wiring, and reflector for $180USD on Ebay, shipping $50USD, asst charges, etc.

Purchased 2x250w 10k Bulbs for $60USD each on Ebay, had them shipped with the above.

Purchased 2x Ice Cap variable speed fans from J&L, $70ea (I think), then I bought the wood for a canopy $25 and have a carpenter friend build the canopy (Still working so I have no pics).

I already have 196w of PC's so I intend to retrofit these into my new canopy. All told with exchange, duties, etc my new lighting will cost about $600 CDN which is pretty darned decent.

If you have any friends in the states, you could also have your stuff sent there and then bring them over the border yourself to avoid some of the duties and taxes.

Good luck in your decision making!

Rob