PDA

View Full Version : Relocating an LTA that moved to a very difficult spot!

Koresample
03-15-2009, 09:54 PM
My LTA was getting way to big in my tank, so i started feeding him less frequently (about once per week as opposed to every other day) he seemed fine with this and didn't seem to be getting much smaller. I kept this up for about 3-4 weeks, then one morning, he had moved to the back of the tank attached to the opposite side of the rock. My problem is now that he is where he is, feeding him involves taking my lights off the tank which is a pain in the butt, plus you can't see him anymore. I read that they generally move due to inadequate light (not a problem where he was, but where he is now gets a fraction of the light), or not enough food. I haven't tried to physically move him yet as i have read that they generally stick very hard to the surface they attach themselves to and i don't want to hurt it trying to relocate to a better spot. Re-aquascaping is not an alternative either as it would involve a major rebuild to do so.
Has anyone had a similar experience, and what if anything did you do?

new but handy
03-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey I have a bta who decided to live in the dark. I can't feed it, It gets min light but it seems to be doing alright. If he wants to move he will. It has been about a month and I have never fed it.
I am missing a chromis' tho

fragNplug
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Turn a powerhead and have it blow on him, he wont like it and move away from the flow, might end up in a worse spot, but sounds pretty bad where he is now.