PDA

View Full Version : Whoa

new but handy
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Whoa a certain pet store, that sells salt water here in Vernon, just tried to sell me old garabge base rock, in half fist sized pieces, for $30 a kg. For those terrible at math. That's about $13.50 a pound. The live rock with no colour at all is $12.99 a pound. When I asked about the obvious pricing mistake I was told that; That's the price and there was no mistake, Quite rudely too.
I try to spend money at the little local pet stores, but that is ridiculus. If owners at pet stores insist on abolutly just plain stealing for customers, at least do it with a smile. I will never go back and I can only hope other people will follow suit. If you don't know who it was, pm me and I will be HAPPY to tell you who it was.

LeeR
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
haha man thats nuts.. my syster in enderby just set up a tank and i couldn't believe how much she spent on rock and not to menchin all the other stupid usless additives the sold her... ohhh and they told her to add fish and cuc right away... i was pertty damn ****ed .

Aquattro
03-15-2009, 08:37 PM
FWIW, I can pay up to that here in Victoria as well. Many of our sponsors have great rock at much less. Check them out!

whatcaneyedo
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
lol Those are Prince George prices. Its about $12/lbs for seeded base rock here... seeded with aptasia.

new but handy
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
I would like to say it was seeded. These were pieces of rock that have been sitting in a bucket under a tank bone dry since I moved to Vernon 3 years ago

Bugsy
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Yep the prices are insane here for all saltwater stuff. I am glad the hubby goes to Vancouver often enough for the small amount of stuff I need I tag along and get my stuff at J&L Aquatics.

Check out their prices for their live rock, I have not bought any as I only have a small tank and don't need anymore but others on this board have bought from them so maybe they can tell you what their rock is like.

:biggrin:

Ripwoop
03-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I know who you are talking about! I happend to go in there and see that rock too. I did however notice that it had epoxy left on it from ripped off corals.....let me take one guess where those corals are.....hmm maybe another tank in the store? HUGE sigh for that store and the way customer service there. I once went in looking for frag glue. I asked where that would be and she took me over to the aquarium silicone and said this will work just fine. I laughed pretty hard and said " so you want my coral to wave around and wait 24 hours for that to cure outside the tank?" needless to say i walked out that day. :)

new but handy
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I work in Van so if any one needs anything, I would be happy to bring it back for what the real price of things are. This hobby is expensive enough. This is probably my last week in Van for awhile if anyone wants anything