PDA

View Full Version : Phosban Media

Parnold
03-15-2009, 03:18 AM
I bought a two little fish phosban reactor to help with algae problems. I use Rowaphos, how often are you supposed to change this media and how do you tell?

Blowfish
03-15-2009, 03:34 AM
i change mine every couple months, when phosphates start reading on your tests then thats when you change em.

o.c.d.
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
You can test the water coming out of the reactor. Also if you have high po4 you will need to change more often like once a week if really high, untill they are under control. I try to change mine every 4 to 6 weeks. I also date my reactor every time I change the media, real easy to forget how long it has been

Tom R
03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I also date my reactor every time I change the media, real easy to forget how long it has been

I date mine as well. I use post it's with the date in them. I place the post it at the top side of the media. I do the same for Aragonite media in my Calcium Reactor and anything else that needs changing from time to time.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/Tom_R/Equipment/IMG_0370.jpg

Tom R

Reefer Rob
03-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Change it when you notice the algae starting to re-grow (after you get it under control). The appearance of your aquarium is the best indicator for any maintenance issues. Likely you'll need weekly GFO changes for the first month or two, until you get the algae under control. I change mine every 2 months or so, and keep a record in a maintenance log.

Parnold
03-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the help