PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Marine Environment Salt?

yeahitsgotahemi
03-15-2009, 03:00 AM
This is a 2 part salt that i believe is fairly new to the market. Ive heard rave reviews on this stuff and i am just curious what the rest of you fellow canadian reefers have to say? Like what im hearing is pretty much the best stuff out there.

bigblack
03-15-2009, 03:15 AM
I think its been around for a while fwiw.

Powertec
03-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Let me guess you are getting in from Red Deer Reptiles right?

yeahitsgotahemi
03-15-2009, 04:30 AM
well they have a couple kinds, and what ive been reading on the internet and around is for a reef tank setup with coral and inverts its one of the better mixes

christyf5
03-15-2009, 04:50 AM
I found most of the information on the net was propogated by the company. The owner is very outspoken about it. I only actually found a handful of people using the stuff. It doesn't seem very widely available.

mseepman
03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
I used this salt (but it was hard to manage making the 2 part) and it was awesome. I moved to the Biosea (1 step down) for ease of use and had to ship it in from Aquarium Illusions in Edmonton. Still extremely happy with the salt. Tried a lot of others and found them lacking compared to this, especially IO which left crud at the bottom of every bucket.

Recently tried Reefer's best (when it was on sale at J&L) and found it to be about as good as Biosea but not quite as good as Marine Environment.

Hope that helps.