PDA

View Full Version : Tank Nuke

PoonTang
03-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Well i think I may have just nuked my tank. Mixed up a fresh batch of kalk in my ato before heading out the door this morning to watch my daughters rugby game. I guess my ato must have gone off before the kalk had settled out and it got pumped into the tank. Got home and the tank looks like milk. Everything is coated in white dust, visibility is about 2 inches, Corals have turned to white slimy balls of snot and sixline wrasse is dead. Dont know who else is dead yet or if the corals are going to survive. Clowns are the only ones I can find as they are still trying to host in thier very unhappy frogspawn. And to top it all off I have to leave for a family funeral in about 1/2 hour. AAArgh, not going to be a good day.:frusty:

reeferious
03-14-2009, 09:17 PM
i'm 100% with you for your dismay over simple equipment failures that could wipe out a setup that would have taken anyone countless hours of loving labor to establish. it is this mistrust of equipment reliability that have held me to the stage where i am now, manual dosing, kalk drip, water topoff and perimeter testings. labour intensive many of you might say but what better excuse you can give yourself to fiddle around and to maintain high interest in your tanks.

fdiddy
03-14-2009, 10:58 PM
That's terrible. Tank crashes are my nightmare and my condolences for yours coming true.

fishoholic
03-15-2009, 12:17 AM
That sucks, hopefully some stuff survives.

Lance
03-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Ohhh Man! That's terrible. Hopefully something survives.

PoonTang
03-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Well so far it looks like the rest of the fish have survived. Water has mostly cleared up now. The corals i dont know yet. They slimed up really bad and its all covered in Kalk dust.
Rocks and everything are all white. Looks like it snowed in there. Hopefully everything else pulls through.

naesco
03-15-2009, 06:48 AM
If there is white stuff on the rocks, take a hose and siphon it out.
Do a water change and find and remove dead inverts.
Sorry for your loss.

fishytime
03-15-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry about your issues. How do things look today?

christyf5
03-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Awww man, I'm sorry to hear that. So frustrating when equipment doesn't work the way you want it to :neutral:

How are things looking today??