blane perun thesea.org
06-12-2003, 02:56 AM
Hi, I have a new online coral store. I mostly grow and
Sell propagated corals. The site is an extension of
Thesea.org called farms@thesea.

http://www.thesea.org/captivesystems/store/

The reason I am posting here is because over the past two
Weeks since the site has been up, I have had about 5
People from Canada ask me if I could ship there.

While I am trying to accomplish a smooth shipping
Process with customs I was wondering would there
Be any interest in pooling together orders and I
Could drive to Canada on 60 or 90 day intervals.

I’m not real familiar with the Canadian Reef Scene
But I figured this would be a good place to get feedback,

blane

StirCrazy
06-12-2003, 02:57 AM
whare in the USA are you.. this would make a big difference to which part of canada you can drive to.

Steve

Aquattro
06-12-2003, 03:00 AM
whare in the USA are you.. this would make a big difference to which part of canada you can drive to.

Steve

looks like the wrong side!
TheSea.org
6709 RIDGEVUE DR
PITTSBURGH, PA 15236-3641

GinKu
06-12-2003, 03:09 AM
that is very very far!

GinKu
06-12-2003, 03:22 AM
but u have very nice corals tho

smokinreefer
06-12-2003, 04:40 AM
hey blane,

that is awesome of you to offer and also just in trying to make the effort.
if you drive to the west coast i sure would appreciate it!

but seriously, evem if you can arrange some type of shipping and what not, i am sure the locals on the west coast would have no problem in pooling together a decent sized order.

please, definitely keep us posted on your findings.

oh yeah, there are reefers in central and eastern canada as well, its just that, well, um, i'm on the west!!

Jason McK
06-13-2003, 04:29 AM
Really nice stuff. It's too bad about the distance and boarder. But perhapts you could take a look at some of the retailers in the right hand colum and set up some sort of wholesale arrangement with them

J

Samw
06-13-2003, 05:19 AM
Nice. I especially like the blueberry colored zoos. I'm in for 2 or 3 various frags. I'd like to see more colorful Ricordias.

christyf5
06-13-2003, 05:39 AM
ZOOS!!!

Where do I sign up??

PS I'm on the left coast too.

Christy :)

Nullig
06-13-2003, 03:22 PM
I'd definitely be in for a group order. It's so hard to find good zoos around here.

Noel

titus
07-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello,

That is very nice of you. Maybe we can have a reef meeting to coincide with Blane's coming to the West coast. The meeting can be exchange of ideas, and live goods as well.

Titus

seadog
07-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Maybe if I can get some Montreal/Ottawa reefers to also pool an order it might make it worthwhile for Blane to drive to Toronto and ship on Air Canada one box to Calgary, one to Vancouver, one to Ottawa, one to Montreal, etc... Let me know if people are serious. Those are some beautiful zoos and ricordeas.

Blane: please define "decent-sized order". Also, have you thought of Customs/Cites issues?

Erik

Stretch
07-18-2003, 01:04 AM
I'll get in on a calgary or edmonton shipment, depending on what we could get. I'd be in for a somes nice Ricordia or zoo's, Maybe a clam, alittle unsure about the shipping time though

Edit. Hopefully you will be able to get the proper permits!

Nullig
07-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Count me in for a few.

Noel

StirCrazy
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
Hello,

That is very nice of you. Maybe we can have a reef meeting to coincide with Blane's coming to the West coast.

Titus

:eek: um titus this thread had the last post of june 13th befor your post.. I think it is a non issue anymore but I am still trying to figure out how you got that Blane was comming to the west coast. :neutral:

Steve

Veng68
07-18-2003, 02:14 AM
Hi Blane,

I love your site & I would love to get some of your corals but it's going to be really hard. One thing that you have to worry about is CITIES permit (for export of corals) I think they are something like $135 per shipment (for the paper work). Also a domcumentation out the ying yang or so I hear. I think like you said........ group buys are the way to go.

My I suggest that you go over to reef.org in the industry forum & ask how to send your corals to another country.

ps. let use know how your dealings with our crappy customs agents go.

Cheers,
Victor