PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Reefers?

Myka
03-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I'm moving to Saskatoon in a couple weeks (my tanks won't be coming right away) because they have a good reef store there. :D

Haha! Ok, there are a few other reasons! Any other reefers in the area? What about stores? The only good one I have found is Bayside Corals, but it is quite good there...lots of awesome corals, and they get Aussie shipments. :D I have also found some of their pricing on hardware to be cheaper than J&L. :eek:

ocean diver
03-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey, welcome to Saskatoon, Bayside is the only SW store in town.

Myka
03-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Someone told me one of the Petland's has SW. My bf said he was pretty sure the one by the Confederation mall had SW, but when we went there it didn't. He figured they must have quit carrying SW...?

Bayside has some really nice pieces eh? One of the most colorful display tanks I've ever seen too.

ocean diver
03-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Bayside is the only SW store in Saskatoon, and yes they do get some nice stuff in, I would like them to have more fish but then again I can only have so many fish. There is a forum for just Saskatchewan and there are alot of fellow people from Saskatoon. Check it out at www.saskreef.ca

rstar
03-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Petland hasnt has SW for a coons age! But i was going to offer, if you want to stretch your legs out on the way through you are more than welcome to com check out the tank and maybe take a few frags home, i live an hour out of saskatoon in Rosetown and you may be passing through here! It nice to see another saskatoony reefer coming in! My best piece of advice, get to bayside fast when he gets his stuff in, it REALLY doesnt stick around for too long!

Myka
03-14-2009, 04:37 AM
Awesome thanks ocean diver! I just registered. :D

Hey rstar! I might take you up on that! :) What kinda frags you got? I have all LPS. :)

ocean diver
03-14-2009, 04:38 AM
No problem, welcome to Saskreef

rstar
03-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Awesome thanks ocean diver! I just registered. :D

Hey rstar! I might take you up on that! :) What kinda frags you got? I have all LPS. :)

I have a few LPS, three types of chalice, frogpawn, Hydnophora, and a few others i cant think of as im not infrom of the tank :wink:

Myka
03-14-2009, 04:45 AM
You're a stick coral (SPS) fan? :D

rstar
03-14-2009, 05:35 AM
Im slowly headed towards sps, but bayside doesnt usually get sps in, my reef is a pretty good mix of sps lps and softies, lots of zoos, cloves, mushrooms, leathers, blastos, favia, acros, milli's. I guess you could call it a mixed reef :lol:

fdiddy
03-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Petland hasnt has SW for a coons age!

Easy now

sphelps
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
welcome, I hope you like cold weather :mrgreen:

Bayside is awesome, it's a little smaller than some bigger chains but honestly the best LFS you'll ever find, especially for rare livestock. 95% of all my livestock is from Bayside.

TheMikey
03-14-2009, 03:10 PM
+1 For the comment about Bayside. Colby has one of the best stores in the business, it's really all you need!

And welcome to SaskReef :D

Myka
03-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

fdiddy
03-14-2009, 11:01 PM
+1 Just got a bunch of zoanthids and LPS from colby. What a great experience.

PACKRULE
04-04-2009, 04:49 AM
Bayside is the place on toon town but World of Pets also sells some salt water stock. Place is dumpy and the owner a bit funny but he does bring in stock on a smuch smaller scale the Bayside. He bring in Nems and clowns, damsels, angels stuff like that some tangs sometimes. He's very hit and miss, this week he's brought in a puffer, maroon clow, cleaner shrimps, sebae nems and carpet nems. Just in case you want to venture away from Bayside. A bit of healthy competition is always good.

Myka
04-04-2009, 07:22 PM
I will check them out...haven't heard of them before. Competition is always good between LFSs.