PDA

View Full Version : Yellow water

digital-audiophile
03-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I can't seem to kick this :(

I've been on my second trip down the zeo road now for three months. It has finally taken hold and I have seen the improvement in coral colour and grownth, I say it's taken hold mostly becuase I have kicked the diatoms and massive green film algae bloom that seems to come with the startup.

It took a lot longer this time than the first time I used zeo, on my first run everything cleared up within the first few weeks.. I wish I had never dropped of the regiment and had to restart.

The problem now is with yellow water.. I had it the first time and zeo cleared it rather quick but now it just seems to be lingering, It may just be a time issue with the zeo restart.

I skim 24/7 and run carbon 24/7 change out every 4 weeks as per zeo plan. My water changes are 5G once a week with reefers best.

I am thinking about maybe trying zeozym, I think it advertises as clearing water allthough I thought I would ask if anyone else is using it for yellowing.

Johnny Reefer
03-13-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm using Zeozym, but I use it as a slime prevention measure.

Re: Yellow water, I was getting this in my "FOWLR" system. I just ramped up the amount of carbon from 2 cups to 3. I placed the 3rd cup, not so passively, pinned to the top of the last baffle in my sump. In other words, the 3rd bag of carbon is in flow. This was before I started Zeozym, and it did work.

Further to this, as a cost savings measure, I use Kent carbon half the time and KZ carbon half the time. When I use Kent, I change it out every two weeks. KZ every 4.

HTH,

24storm
03-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Zeo life clears the water up awesome. Some reding on the zeovit forum and guys use it for newly setup tanks in shows and such. I just started with it and it made a big difference in my opinion.

Keith

Mrfish55
03-13-2009, 09:45 PM
You want to loose the yellow add a couple bags of Chemi-Pure, not the cheapest stuff but I find it to make a big difference. If you look at the pics in my build journal there is one that shows the skimmer behind the tank, 36" deep and it looks like there is no water in there it's that clear.

albert_dao
03-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Coral Snow is the product you'll want to use Greg.

digital-audiophile
03-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Should I increase my Snow dose? I have ~100 gallons volume(Sump/Display) after all the displacement of rocks/equipment etc etc.

I'm dosing 2ML snow/day, I split the dose morning and night 1ML each time. What should I bump it up to?