PDA

View Full Version : bloodworms in saltwater??

365seasons
03-12-2009, 11:58 PM
have frozen blood worms for our freshwater sharks...

just wondering if our yellow tang, and clown fish would enjoy some as well??

thanks

Lance
03-13-2009, 12:20 AM
have frozen blood worms for our freshwater sharks...

just wondering if our yellow tang, and clown fish would enjoy some as well??

thanks

Yup. Feed them to my fish once in a while as a treat. They love them.

subman
03-13-2009, 12:30 AM
just don't over do it :biggrin:

365seasons
03-13-2009, 12:53 AM
thanks!

kooky
03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Hi,

I have been feeding my saltwater tank LIVE blood worms for the past 3 years on a daily basis, i feed them nothing else but live blood worms. Although some say that the nutritent value is not the same as their normal diet i have had no problems with all my fishes. I find even the most finike eaters can't resist the live motion of the worms when they hit the salt water. I had a mandarin who loved them for years. I also kept a clearner wrasse alive for over 2 yrs on blood worms - they love them. My fishes are big and fat and have beautiful colors. I know it might not be a balance diet but as long the my fishes are healthy and colorful that's what's important.

zazzoo
03-13-2009, 02:19 AM
i was feeding mine blood worms till now... they love it
I was breeding true perks and the babies... they all did very well... nice color too :D
some say dont same say do.... I did and got good results

reeferious
03-13-2009, 02:39 AM
i've been feeding frozen bloodworms to my fish in the ratio of 25-30% gross daily feed volume for past 5 years. all my fish go nut over the worms including my mandarin pair which won't touch anything but pods and bloodworms, they ignore mysis, cyclopleez and practically everything else. so hands up to bloody worms.

Norstar
03-13-2009, 02:42 AM
Any idea where to get them in Vancouver?? :biggrin:

365seasons
03-13-2009, 02:53 AM
We put some in!
Tang seemed to like them the best.
The poor clownfish didn't really even notice them...

But, fun all the same!

Thanks for all the answers!

fdiddy
03-13-2009, 06:40 AM
I like to think of bloodworms like cheese puffs. Taste great, but in terms of a diet, I don't know if they will fill all the nutritional needs of your fish. If used with a variety of foods then they are great. Alone, I'm not too sure, but I haven't done any experiments either :)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I feed them to most of my fish & they gobble them up. Probably a third of their diet, with mysis & pellets making up most of the rest.

No problems experienced here from feeding bloodworms to sw fish.

Anthony

RuGlu6
03-13-2009, 07:06 AM
Any idea where to get them in Vancouver?? :biggrin:

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=fd-fhbw16f

Leah
03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Total Pet, but I would bet most pet stores should sell them! They come frozen we had
them for are Discus.