PDA

View Full Version : Yahooooo - I have Bangaii babies

globaldesigns
03-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Was looking in my tank a couple days ago, noticed that my Bangaii Cardinal had his mouth open (I only have 2), lights were off so shined my flashlight in there, and WOW!!! I see little eyes.

Can't tell how many are in the males mouth, but I think 4 babies, maybe more.

I got lucky, picked a male and female and they mated.

The funny thing is that I went running into my bedroom to tell my wife, I scared her so bad she jumped out of bed screaming. OOOOPS!

Haven't been able to get a good pic, will post if I do.

i have crabs
03-12-2009, 02:49 AM
if you can see the baby looking back at you he will probably spit them out in the next week, and they will eat baby brine shrimp within the first day or 2 live would be best but ive had them eat frozen also with no issues,
they will get eaten if you leave them in the tank so you will have to move them somewhere safe if you want to keep them

my2rotties
03-12-2009, 02:55 AM
That is so awesome. This hobby constantly amazes me with the things we get to see.

chandigz
03-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Awesome, my bengai have had babies several times. If you watch your fish you will notice the males bulging mouth when they spawn. Generally the male will hold the young for 18-24 days. They generaly won't spit them all out at once. I happens over several days. My first batch I kept watching the size of the males mouth thinking they would spit them all out. Then noticed 3 babies swirlling around in my skimmer. They usually have a lot more then 4 so he may have released some already.

justinl
03-15-2009, 07:50 AM
are you going to try to raise them? if o, i hope you have a diadema urchin (or a DIY surrogate)

TheRealBigAL
03-15-2009, 08:10 AM
COOL :smile: We need some pictures

pinkjello
03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Congrats! I am currently setting up a SW tank and these fish are my main goal..so id be interested in seeing pics too! :biggrin: