PDA

View Full Version : Experience with ORA livestock??

Key Equine
03-12-2009, 02:24 AM
Hello all,
I am thinking about getting a couple of seahorses captive-bred from ORA. Does anyone have experience with livestock from ORA?? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

chandigz
03-12-2009, 02:48 AM
JL aquatics and some LFS get livestock from ORA. I have always been happy with any ORA fish i've gotten and a friend of mine that owns a shop is always happy with the quality. Are you trying to order from them yourself or are you getting them locally. You will need cities permit to order from the states so its not worth it for a couple.

Key Equine
03-12-2009, 03:02 AM
No, I would be getting them from a LFS...

chandigz
03-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Spend some time observing and checking them out. Make sure they are eating fine. They are Tank raised not net raised so they should be fine. I know a few people who have had ORA seahorses and they ate fine and have been happy with them.

Diana
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Be sure the LFS keeps them on their own system if they are truely tank-raised ponies. Net raised tend to be better in tanks with wild caught critters, but a tank raised pony will be very succeptible to wild-borne ailments. ORA has been pretty good. :)

Key Equine
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I spoke to someone at ORA about a month ago and he gave me the names of a few stores in Edmonton and Vancouver that apparently carry their seahorses... so I'm not sure what the deal is there. If you were able to order some that would be awesome because I could drive up and get them from you!

Key Equine
03-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey ... Just spoke to someone else who said ORA doesn't ship seahorses into Canada, so I guess this conversation is irrelevant :( There must have been some confusion when I spoke to the guy at ORA. Oh well... the search continues.