PDA

View Full Version : Big happy family (Video)

sphelps
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Click here for video (http://www.facebook.com/v/68286609531)

Treebeard
03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Very cool! I especially love the eel!

The fish poking his head out in the middle, is a...? We also have one and it was sold to us as a dragon goby, but I do not think that it is a goby. What is the correct name?

Jason McK
03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
That's amazing. What did you do whistle and call dinners ready

Great collection of unique fish

J

sphelps
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Very cool! I especially love the eel!

The fish poking his head out in the middle, is a...? We also have one and it was sold to us as a dragon goby, but I do not think that it is a goby. What is the correct name?
Engineer Goby is the most common name, also sometimes called a convict goby.
http://www.petsolutions.com/images/200/124800L.jpg
Latin name is Pholidichthys leucotaenia.

Cool fish/eel but it sure makes a mess digging all the time.

That's amazing. What did you do whistle and call dinners ready

Great collection of unique fish

J
Pretty much, they know when it's dinner time and always gather at the front of the tank and wait for food.

Treebeard
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
They definitely do love to sandscape! Ours has become quite elusive and we rarely see him anymore. I wonder how he would do in our other tank with a barebottom.

lastlight
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
AWESOME!

I want one of everything. I'll have to look further into the engineer gobies. Is everything in there 'reef safe'?

christyf5
03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hehe, that is so cool. Fu Manchu looks so crabby "Get this eel off me!!" :razz:

Wow, I just watched it a second time and realized that pinkish softy coral out front is a fish! :lol:

sphelps
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
AWESOME!

I want one of everything. I'll have to look further into the engineer gobies. Is everything in there 'reef safe'?
Yes they are all "reef safe" in terms of corals. Pretty much everything except the seahorse will probably eat some kind of shrimp, crab or snail.

Chaloupa
03-11-2009, 03:51 PM
What a strange combination...but very cool! They must be waiting for food as they all were very excited. That eel is fantastic.....and then a Sea Horse in the midst of all that? WOW! VERY interesting!

brizzo
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow that is unbelievable!

A frogfish, scorpion fish, lionfish, seahorse, and an eel all chillin' out ontop of a couple of clams!!!

!!! .. Watching it a second time, look at the freaking size of the clams in the background!!!!! :surprise:

mseepman
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
That is a spectacular display! Gotta love it when you see a tank like that.

Whatigot
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
no way you photoshopped that one...:razz:

Super cool reef, how long have they all been together for?

why not toss in your octopus too for good measure:lol:?

sphelps
03-11-2009, 06:16 PM
no way you photoshopped that one...:razz:

Super cool reef, how long have they all been together for?

why not toss in your octopus too for good measure:lol:?
Pretty hard to photoshop a video wouldn't you say? :wink:

The ribbon eel is the oldest, probably around 2 years. The lionfish would be next at just over a year. Then the frogfish and engineer goby at about 10 months. Then the seahorse at about 8 months and finally the scorpion fish at 2 months.

I might have to experiment with the octopus and compatibility but you never know, stranger things have happened :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments everyone, yes it is an unusual tank for sure and I for one really enjoy it. The tank also houses 6 clams and one is about 12" wide!

spoot
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
The variety in that tank is awesome. Nice video too.

fdiddy
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Great tank! I like the fish selection, very off the grid as compared to most tanks.

Whatigot
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Pretty hard to photoshop a video wouldn't you say? :wink:

The ribbon eel is the oldest, probably around 2 years. The lionfish would be next at just over a year. Then the frogfish and engineer goby at about 10 months. Then the seahorse at about 8 months and finally the scorpion fish at 2 months.

I might have to experiment with the octopus and compatibility but you never know, stranger things have happened :biggrin:

Thanks for the comments everyone, yes it is an unusual tank for sure and I for one really enjoy it. The tank also houses 6 clams and one is about 12" wide!

cool fo sho.
Way to do your own thing in your own tank.
and you did say on your other thread that your octo needed a few toys....:twised:

sphelps
03-12-2009, 01:05 AM
FTS
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/DSC_2694.jpg

Aussie Acans
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/DSC_2690.jpg

Plate Coral
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a174/sphelps/DSC_2692.jpg

Marlin65
03-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Very nice impressive tank.:mrgreen:

rocketlily
03-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Very nice tank. Do you have any trouble keeping the Anthelia under control?

Delphinus
03-12-2009, 03:43 AM
Wow, nice stuff as usual Steve. Very nice setup you got there.

sphelps
03-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Very nice tank. Do you have any trouble keeping the Anthelia under control?
aaah.. yeah! My next project will be removing all the soft corals in the tank just sticking to clams and nice LPS.

Thanks again for the comments folks

justinl
03-12-2009, 04:31 AM
now that's a stock list. Im loving the activity of the ghost eel... he always that active or only he it thinks it's about to get fed? also, red rhinopias... drooool.

sphelps
03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
now that's a stock list. Im loving the activity of the ghost eel... he always that active or only he it thinks it's about to get fed? also, red rhinopias... drooool.
The eel isn't always out, only sometimes and always when food is in the tank. And yes that rhino is awesome. Did I mention everything is feeding exceptionally well on frozen food?

fishoholic
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
The eel isn't always out, only sometimes and always when food is in the tank. And yes that rhino is awesome. Did I mention everything is feeding exceptionally well on frozen food?

That's awsome, great set up for sure.